Re: QRO Operation Question

Curt

Darryl

FB on your service!  Obviously you have the right idea to separate the antennas.  Note that each rig likely has the ability to adjust its output power.  I would start with low power transmitting tests with each rig, and work your way up in power.  We have run lots of radios in close quarters without issue, but each situation is different.  The filtering in each rig may be sufficient along with antenna separation, proceed with care and likely things are ok.  I believe we still have a similar communications vehicle here in Maryland - maybe some web research will find some info.

The antenna switch idea is a good one for lightning protection etc.  Something high quality that grounds the unused antenna - and yes for safety some electrical ground should be researched.  Whether you can afford the dummy load hardware may be another matter to consider.

73 Curt