Re: Big Brutus Bash, Sep 11, 12, 13

Paul Smith

Have made reservations and we will be there.

de Paul N0NBD

On May 28, 2015, at 1:22 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Joe, W0MQY, just checked with his Big Brutus board member contact, and the weekend for our Brutus bash is wide open. They are welcoming us back us again this year.

So The Big Brutus Bash will take place September 11th, 12th and 13th. (Fri, Sat, Sunday).  We each need to make our own reservations by calling  the desk at 620-827-6177  Betty is answering the phone today and took my reservation.  Camping fees are dirt cheap, $15/nite for RVs and travel trailers, and $10/nite for tents.

Here's some additional info, more later.
http://www.mapquest.com/us/ks/west-mineral
Can use the Pittsburg 2M FM repeater 146.94, -600,  tone 91.5
Cellphone coverage
Shade if needed
Perfect weather
Day visitors welcome
10 camping spots with electricityand water
Lots  and lots of space for tents.
Interesting museum and open tours of Brutus
Wide open spaces for antennas and poles.
Near Pittsburg, KS for motels, restaurants, and shopping
Directions from Pittsburg:
    South on US 60 for 3 miles
    Right on US 400 for 7 miles
    Left on KS-7 for 4 miles
    Right on KS-102 aka Scammon Rd for 5 miles
    On the West side of West Mineral turn left on NW 60 St for 1/4 mile
    As you approach West Mineral look South, you'll see it.
    Here's a map http://www.bigbrutus.org/map.html
    Bring your favorite portable setup, or use one of ours.

Please make your reservations as early as possible to insure a space. Even if you don't have time to stay over night, pse feel free to come and spend a day playing radio in the great outdoors of Southeast  Kansas.

Make your reservations asap at  620-827-6177   CU There
--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.