Re: Amp

Paul Smith

I was in SE OK for two days and there was plenty of water in the low grounds.
de Paul N0NBD

On May 31, 2015, at 5:37 PM, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

After a few days of being a bit under the weather, I'm feeling fine and have resumed "fine tuning" my qrp set-up.

One thing I am considering is giving my Icom 718 to my son and just going with an amp to augment my LD5 when necessary.  I've been running the ICOM at 50W just to compare it with 100W...not much diffference.  So, if I could get a linear that would boost my 5W to around 50, it would suit me just fine.  My new Hexbeam will make up the difference (when I can get it up)...right now I just using low wires and a hamstick dipole.

Suggestions for an amp for qrp?  40/30/20/17/15 CW and SSB needed...

May we all have a good June...and no more flooding for those of us in SW Oklahoma!
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886