Re: Amp

Charles W. Powell

Regarding the amplifier, if you like to build then get the HR-50.  It is a great piece of engineering and works really well.  I recommend the QSK module and the ATU.  If you don’t want to mess with a soldering iron, get the KXPA100 kit or built.  Difference is about $100 between assembled and not assembled. Again, I’m a big fan of the ATU.  The KXPA100 does require a key line to trigger it, whereas the HR-50 with QSK board has RF sensing and it can be operated with no additional interconnects.  I have both of these and they are both fine pieces of equipment.

Chas  NK8O

On May 31, 2015, at 18:54, Chris Clardy chrs_clardy@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

I remember going by lake Altus-Lugert in 2009 and thinking what a beautiful lake this would be, if it only had water in it. Amazing what the month of May can do.
73 KF5AFN

On Sunday, May 31, 2015 5:37 PM, "Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

After a few days of being a bit under the weather, I'm feeling fine and have resumed "fine tuning" my qrp set-up.

One thing I am considering is giving my Icom 718 to my son and just going with an amp to augment my LD5 when necessary.  I've been running the ICOM at 50W just to compare it with 100W...not much diffference.  So, if I could get a linear that would boost my 5W to around 50, it would suit me just fine.  My new Hexbeam will make up the difference (when I can get it up)...right now I just using low wires and a hamstick dipole.

Suggestions for an amp for qrp?  40/30/20/17/15 CW and SSB needed...

May we all have a good June...and no more flooding for those of us in SW Oklahoma!
Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886