Re: Really dumb crystal question

Kent Trimble, K9ZTV

The Gonset GSB-100 was also a phasing-type SSB rig, contemporaneous with the Central Electronic exciters.

Still have one sitting in the "museum" part of my shack.

73,

Kent� K9ZTV

On 6/2/2015 10:00 AM, 'Sam Neal' n5af@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Hello,

The only ones I can think of were the " first generation " Central Electronic
10-A and 20-B rigs, which were phasing rigs, not crystal filter rigs.

The DSB rigs such as the
WRL " Side-bander " and the WRL/Globe Electronics " Meteor " were crystal
controlled or could be controlled with an external VFO which operated on the
frequency you wanted to operate on.

Sam Neal  N5AF

-----
Hi Doc,

I don't know of any crystal controlled SSB rigs, but there are quite a number
of simple SSB rig kits out there.
The Hendricks BITX20 might be an option? Doug Hendricks retired recently and
QRP kits has been taken over by someone else, hopefully the Old range of kits
will be made available again.

Just about the simplest SSB rig that I know about is the ILER20 and ILER40.
These little rigs seem to be highly regarded.

73, Colin M1BUU

------------------------------------
Posted by: "Sam Neal"
------------------------------------

4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
Plan to attend OzarkCon on - April 1-2, 2016

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)