Re: Modular Rig Group Build

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm guys
Sounds a lot like the Multi pig that that DIZ used to sell!
I'm good for a group build!
I think we have plenty of Dream boards left if they will fit in?
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sunday, June 7, 2015, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Great idea Mike,

This would make a great group build project on the reflector.  There could be many contributors taking on a specific board.  Diz's toolkits might be employed where he has them available, and others could be incorporated from other sources, scratch built, or boards designed and purchased.  The Dream boards could be employed if desired also, there are some FB circuits on them.

Anyone want to get the ball rolling, coordinate, or be the cheerleader?

72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
www.wa0itp.com
wa0itp@...
On 6/7/2015 8:04 AM, hubby2k@... [4sqrp] wrote:
Don ---
I agree with your thoughts. I would like to perhaps see a mother board approach to the rig. A set of basic modules:
audio amplifier
crystal filter
product detector
receive mixer
receive input bandpass filter
master VFO/VXO
transmit mixer
transmit driver stages
transmit final amplifier
transmit low  pass filter
etc
that plug into a mother board for inter connect. Add to that prototype boards that would be used to replace various modules with other implementations for experimentation. Maybe provisions on the mother board to add an Arduino to control a DDS replacement for the VFO, a display, keyer etc.

Basic package would be simple modules to get a working radio. In some ways this would be a modular kit something a bit like the Tentec Rebel. Maybe even have provision on the mother board for a balanced modulator/filter for SSB generation some time in the future. Perhaps a partial chassis for the rig could have a front panel big enough for several knobs for various controls and a display.

Maybe a place on the mother board to plug in a tuner module. The whole package would not be super small but rather large enough to be able to easily work on (and build).

73/72 - Mike WA8BXN

No virus found in this message.

QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72