Time of the essence

Michael McEwen

Ahoy all...I am taking the pledge (no that one) but I will promise to use Z time even if I want to include some local zones...this would cease some confusion of which am guilty.

We are a world wide fraternity/sorority...Z makes things so much easier as does the new dating system of yr/mo/dy/tm (to whatever you decimal you want).  This is the easiest for computer algorithms as my computer software firends tell me.  Heck, I'm a straight key and low power SSB guy who started our hobby in 1955, but I don't want to go back there...even though I am not tech savvy, this time system makes sense to me...If one has a problem with local to Z, there are a butt load of down-loadable charts...or, be like me...get two clocks in the shack...I got two 12 in face clocks for $5 each at the dollar store...

Caio & 72...Doc

Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098