Re: A simple 60 meter CW transmitter

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

Bill,

Following a DDS with a low pass filter will take care of most of the crud and the low pass filter on the PA will take care of the rest of it.
I have looked at the spectrum of the Elecraft KX1 and the output is clean even though the source is a DDS.

With the right firmware, I think the KX1 could easily be put on 60 meters, but that firmware is Elecraft proprietary.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 6/15/2015 9:52 AM, Bill Cromwell wrcromwell@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi Nick,

If we want "simple" LEDs would be overly complex and expensive. A
chicken-head knob can point at dymo label or sharpie numbers one through
five on the front panel..assuming we actually use a front panel.

I have been avoiding the DDS type stuff to also avoid the transmitted
crud that goes along with them.

73,

Bill KU8H