Re: A simple 60 meter CW transmitter

John Lonigro

Maybe a transverter for 60M would be easier.  The originating frequency would be as pure as that of the source transceiver, only one crystal would be needed (I think), and it would allow the transceiver to receive as well.  Otherwise, we're talking about needing a "Magic Box" and a receiver capable of 60M, in addition to a 60M transmitter.

I personally would have trouble designing any part of a transmitter, so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about (wouldn't be the first time).

72,
John AA0VE

On 06/15/2015 11:30 AM, Bill Cromwell wrcromwell@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi Don,

It's the close in phase noise that concerned me Some hams (and
engineers) have shown that it doesn't get filtered out. Apparently you
have to also filter out the desired signal to get the phase noise. Do
you have information that refutes this? It's easy to find misinformation
*everywhere* and maybe the best I have is wrong.

I would otherwise be happy to have something like that for my carrier
generator and heterodyne channel oscillators. My notion of seven xtals
(or available oscillator frequencies) is to allow for SSB *AND* CW in
one transmitter. That is one heterodyne frequency per channel (5) and
one each for either CW or SSB (2). Still five channels with a simple
selector.

73,

Bill KU8H