Re: FD reports comments?

Dean LaClair

Having a bad habit of hitting darn send button instead of (cr)...
Loop continued... Mine is in the clear on light poles and very quiet....
73 Dean. K2WW

On Jun 30, 2015 11:03 AM, "Dean L" <dean.k2ww@...> wrote:

Dale how hi up is/was the loop? I run one at the cabin here, full wave on 160. Loads nicely on all bands with Johnson kW matchbox OR kx3 atu... I was gonna extend it out another couple hundred feet to be in the 7-800 ft range. Mines only 30ft above ground

FD is a super day to test new antennas... so.. when the day arrived.. I threw up a 700 ft loop.
Had to test it.. so I made 200+Qs with a K2 on a solar charged battery at 5 watts. Comparison
on 80-40-20-15 no one was heard on 10.. the loop is quieter and in most directions at least as
good or better than a 20m EDZ... so... the loop for now, has been deemed a keeper..
Now, I need to make it strong enough to last the winter.

200+ Q and 9 hours of on the air time.. great way to spend a Sat.
AND, I already uploaded to LOTW.. too.

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy