Re: FD reports comments?

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Did you mean AGL or MSL ?

On 7/2/2015 8:24 AM, 'Nick Kennedy' nick-wa5bdu@... [4sqrp] wrote:

This was a different Field Day for me.  For the past several decades, I’ve been part of the local club’s effort and usually one half of a two-man team running the CW station.

This time, several (eight) old guys who had been QSO partners in the 60s, about 50 years ago, decided to get together for an old friends FD.  Two flew down from Oregon but most came from various locations in Arkansas.

We operated from Mt. Nebo, a 1800 foot ASL mountain near my QTH.  Far from roughing it, we rented two cabins and had the comforts.  My station was outside though.  We ran two 100 watt CW stations, each using 130 foot dipoles fed with ladder line.  They seemed to do a great job.  We used K5ALU, the call of one of our members.

We managed 2350 QSOs, about 50 of them on 6 meters and the rest divided between the two HF CW stations.  The weather was excellent and the bugs were few.  Great Field Day.

73-

Nick, WA5BDU

--
David Martin - K5DCM
Mountain Home, Ar.

SCOTUS has legalized perversion, and heathens are celebrating.