This morning's Thursday morning net

Wayne Dillon

​G'day all,
First let me say... YEAH, YESSS, WHOO HOOO, yep I made it into the net. So what you say, well the conditions were less than good, less than average actually, let me explain:
I'm at work and my morning break coincides with the net start time. So, when I got to work this morning I set everything up, ready for an 8 am attempt. The break bell rang and I went into action, switched on, listened and there was WQ5RP, KK5IB made it in ahead of me so I hung on (time was getting short) and on the second go I made it in, whoo hoo !!!. Oh, did I mention it was from my car with a "Firestick" type antenna on the roof and the FT817 on the passenger seat. The antenna is fed via an Elecraft T1 (best auto tuner I've ever met) so at 5 watts into this less than efficient set-up I garnered a 559 from net control. Thank you. Kinda made my morning (even my boss noticed my improved demeanor!)
72/3 all es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH