Re: Chinese Pixie Part II

Dean LaClair

Rough bunch....Dang!  oughtta see me type after 3 or 4- 807's
Better yet, rip cw....lol
73 all
Dean

On Jul 12, 2015 11:24 PM, "John Clements jwc123@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Whoops, had a type-o on my web page.  The Chinese rigs are coming with 7.023 crystals.  I see some of the Epay places list them going from 7.023 to 7.026 but with HC49/s "rectangular AT Strip cut" crystals supplied you probably won't get a 3KHz bend.  Maybe 2KHz Max bend and lucky to get around 2.7KHz bend if you parallel two.  Changing to the larger HC49/u "circular AT cut" might get you to a 3.5KHz bend. Still a close shave for operating in the General class with an extra class rock.

Gee Wally..... I Guess I do know maybe just a little of what I'm talking about.  Just may not type it right .001% of the time.

72
John kc9on

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...> wrote:
You have got to be kidding - the webpage says the crystal is a 7027 and states that it in the *extra* class band.
Extra class is below 7025 kHz, so I don't believe the author of that webpage knows what he is talking about.
So much for stuff from China.  I would not pay even $7 to find out if it was worthwhile.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/12/2015 8:17 PM, jwc123@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Looks like you saw many of the same things I did during the build.  http://kc9on.com/ham-radio/chinese-qrp-kits/