Re: Chinese Pixie Part II

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

I doubt that a single PI section low pass filter can achieve the -43 dB 2nd harmonic suppression that is required by the current FCC regulations.
Many old designs suffer from that same limitation.  There is no longer an exemption for QRP transmitters.
The original Pixie was OK because it was built before that regulation was in place.  But all transmitters built after January 1, 2003 must meet that requirement.  See FCC part 97.307(d).

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/13/2015 12:40 AM, Lee l@... [4sqrp] wrote:

  As for the two included cores, any ham with a little knowledge realizes the powdered iron core goes in the pi-network.  I assume the kit provider figured US hams were at least smart enough to realize this.