Re: Ozark Patrol

Bill Cromwell

Hi Bob,

I don't have an Ozark Patrol but I do have some regens. Does the Ozark radio have a tickler coil or a tapped coil for the feedback? If the connections or winding sense of one winding or part of one winding is 'reversed' you will have degenerative feedback instead of regenerative feedback. Your symptoms sound like exactly that.

73,

Bill KU8H

On 07/13/2015 08:11 PM, Bob Reisenweber w3bbo1@msn.com [4sqrp] wrote:

When the latest batch was announced, I immediately sent in my order and received the kit last week. Sunday, I put everything together and to my disappointment, no signals. This is the first kit that hasn't worked for me from the get-go. (Built the K2, Sierra, SST, OHR-100 and others) I've checked everything twice, both component ID and location. The headphones seem better than the speaker...lots of hiss, but no signals.

I've made three different "gimmick capacitors" and even tried using my Elecraft XG-1 signal generator to insert a signal at 7.040 to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions welcomed. With the regen control fully counter-clockwise, the Q1 collector (can) is at 0 Volts. Increasing the regen pot shows voltage. The more clockwise you turn the control, the more the voltage increases. Something is screwed up.

Thanks,

73 de Bob W3BBO