Re: AMECO AC-1 issues

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

I am guessing the transformer did not sacrifice itself.  It is more probable it was put to death by a downstream component.

Before you replace the transformer, you should thoroughly test the rectifier and filter capacitor.  My first suspicion would be the capacitor.

On 7/15/2015 6:25 AM, weaselradio1@... [4sqrp] wrote:

A fuse would have been a smart move. I replaced the rotten original power cord, but had neglected to add a fuse . Pretty dumb for a safety engineer. I'm not certain where the circuit fault is, but the transformer sacrificed itself to protect the cheaper downstream parts.

Thanks for this information, I will start looking into obtaining the components.

Bob
KE0FAT

--
David Martin - K5DCM
Mountain Home, Ar.

SCOTUS has legalized perversion, and heathens are celebrating.