Re: AMECO AC-1 issues

Charlie Vest

There is a Yahoo group, of which I am a member, that is dedicated to the AC-1 and the cult like following of this rig.

You will find all the information that you need and more to find a replacement transformer and all manner of things you never knew about the AC-1 .

I HIGHLY suggest that you become a member.

The AC-1 was the first kit, as a Novice in 1965, that I was able to buy for around $16. That was a LOT of lawns to mow in those days:)

Loved the little rig but it got away from me and I have never been able to afford to replace it. I had upgraded my license and rig when a new Novice, "borrowed" it and it never returned.

Best 73,

Charlie, W5COV

On 7/15/2015 6:25 AM, weaselradio1@... [4sqrp] wrote:

A fuse would have been a smart move. I replaced the rotten original power cord, but had neglected to add a fuse . Pretty dumb for a safety engineer. I'm not certain where the circuit fault is, but the transformer sacrificed itself to protect the cheaper downstream parts.

Thanks for this information, I will start looking into obtaining the components.

Bob
KE0FAT

Avast logo