Re: AMECO AC-1 issues

Don Wilhelm <w3fpr@...>

With a transformer that old, it is quite possible that it did sacrifice itself, but it is difficult to say.
I would do a recap job on that AC-1 before attempting to apply power, particularly the electrolytics since they have likely dried up - in those times, many capacitors were paper wrapped and do not age well.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 7/15/2015 10:17 AM, David Martin davemrtn@... [4sqrp] wrote:

I am guessing the transformer did not sacrifice itself.  It is more probable it was put to death by a downstream component.

Before you replace the transformer, you should thoroughly test the rectifier and filter capacitor.  My first suspicion would be the capacitor.