Re: AMECO AC-1 issues

weaselradio1@...

There are a lot of good comments here. Yes, I believe I was a little too anxious to get this working to fully check out the components before applying power. Lesson learned.

Dave, your right! There is a failed component downstream of the transformer and I'm sure the transformer was an induced failure due to this problem. I noticed one of the tubes was had arcing inside the tube instead of the normal glow and the other tube didn't seem to have any power (no glow). I believe there was smoke coming from the electrolytic capacitor after I pulled power as well as the transformer. It looks like I will get to spend some quality time with the whole transmitter before I apply power again.

Bob
KE0FAT