Re: AMECO AC-1 issues

sigcom1

Sorry to hear about the PT in your AC-1. The problem might have been caused by a shorted 6X5 rectifier. Although I've never experienced it with any AC-1, the 6X5 has a bad reputation among the antique radio enthusiasts with shorting and taking out the power trans. (un-fused primary).

The AC-1 PT spec's are as follows:

Secondary voltages without load:

6.3 V filaments AC

300-0-300 V AC nominal. This generally varies from 290-0-290 to 325-0-325 depending upon line voltage.

Dimensions: 3" wide x 2 1/2" deep x 1 3/4" high. Stamped
with "T-141" or "T-141 H" on the end bell.

This info is from the "AC-1 FAQ" document on the AC-1 Yahoo Group.

The above voltages are from measurements. To the best of my knowledge, voltage and current spec's. for the T-141 have never been published. 40 mA on the HV secondary would be adequate and whatever the combined currents for the tube heaters is.

Best of luck with the project and

73.......Steve Smith WB6TNL
AC-1 Yahoo Group Moderator
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/55a6a259ace8922595e6cst02vuc