Re: 80M CW Chekins

David Martin <davemrtn@...>

Beautiful radio.

On 7/16/2015 7:16 AM, Wayne Dillon wayne.dillon@... [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi Terry and the gang,
Well I had an unexpected opportunity last evening and wanted to try to get in on the 4State 80m net. Terry struggled mightily but hey, I'll take the 559! even if it was in between static crashes... There was an awful lot of noise on the band, I'm guessing that the crashes were lightning strikes out to around a thousand miles, well that's 80 on a summer evening I guess.
So, I dragged out the HW-8 and the ZM-2 ASTU, hooked up the W3EDP and had at it. Thanks for sticking with it Terry, in between signals you were an excellent 579.
HW-8, ZM-2, W3EDP antenna, it doesn't get much simpler than that, check out the attached pictures. The power out was a healthy 1.25 watts (QRPOmeter pic attached), yes that's a notebook and pencil for logging.
Hope to log in to the Thursday AM net this morning from the works car park.
Vy 72/3 es God Bless all de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM, WA0ITP wa0itp@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Pretty noisy (izzat an oxymoron?) here to night, plus significant qsb.  Making it in were:

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

--
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
CW Ragchewers Anonymous #40
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

--
David Martin - K5DCM
Mountain Home, Ar.

SCOTUS has legalized perversion, and heathens are celebrating.