Re: 2M HT

Wayne Dillon

Hi Doc,
My vote would be for an FT60, yeah I know it's dual band but it's a rugged little unit, I have had mine a coupe of years now and although I don't do 2m that often it's nice to use when Mrs KC0PMH is in someplace like the goodwill and I'm out in the car park (parking lot?). yes it generates interest in Ham Radio which is all to the good. I can e-mail you the manual if that'll better explain the beast.
Vy 72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@... [4sqrp] <4sqrp@...> wrote:

This might provoke some laughs, but I'm serious.  I'm thinking about getting a 2M HT for a goes anywhere" bag. I want someting small, rugged and high signal quality.  I have had various  Icom and Yaesu units (and still have my first radio - Yaesu FT 416...still works, but it's time to get a new toy since I have managed to get my HF stuff together.  I haven't bought an HT in years.

I don't care if the HT has digital modes. I don't need menus out the wazu....Just quality, simple 2M HT.  This just going to be a radio I take everywhere I can for operating whenever I have some spare time.  I do  good bit of outdoor activity and have learned how much fun this can be.  I once hit an OK panhandle repeater with my little Yaesu (from the top of Pike's Peak).

I'm now putting together a  minimalist  2M in a bag set up and have a nice padded bag, an auxillary 
Li-ion power pack a solar charger on the way several ultralight antennas.

I think this will be another good way to get new poeple interrested in our as well has providin me another fun activity.
_ _ ...   .. _ _ _

Doc K5OSA - QTH: EM04sr
ARRL - LFSARC (Lawton/Fort Sill Amateur Radio Club)
4SQRP #801 - NAQCC #7625 - SKCC #10098
FISTS #17157 - OMISS #9886 - Flying Pigs #3587

Michael T McEwen
Lt Col, US Army, Ret

Cellular Phone:  580 919-9205
Residence:  580 529-3412

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

Membership Chairman - 4SQRP Group
4SQRP #95
FISTS 17184
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155T
CW Ragchewers Anonymous #40
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192
DMC (Digital Modes Club) # 06686

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.