Re: 2M HT

Tim N9PUZ

I'll second the suggestion for a Baofeng UV-5R. My FT-60 recently had the battery go out and before Woody WD9F gave me a battery he still had I bough a UV-5R, high capacity battery, higher gain Nagoya antenna, and speaker microphone for around $50 delivered. I've had it about a month now and it's an amazing radio even if it were 3X the price. Over the air audio reports are good. The standard battery lasts for a couple of days with 9-10 hours a day RX and about 20-30 minutes TX. The high capacity battery, a whopping $11, will run the radio at the above typical usage for 4-5 days.

Best part? If the radio breaks you replace it for less than $30.

Tim N9PUZ

On 7/17/2015 2:11 PM, Michael McEwen mcewenk5osa@gmail.com [4sqrp] wrote:
This might provoke some laughs, but I'm serious. I'm thinking about
getting a 2M HT for a goes anywhere" bag. I want someting small, rugged
and high signal quality.