Re: Big Brutus vs SSS

Louis Axeman <n8la@...>

John,

Keep the schedule as it is.  Don not let the SSS be "Brutusalized."

Lou (Big Loutus{not Lotus})

On Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:01 AM, "'John R. Lonigro' jonigro@... [4sqrp]" <4sqrp@...> wrote:

Folks:

We seem to have another conflict this year. The Big Brutus weekend
falls on the 2nd weekend of September, which means there will be a
conflict with the Second Sunday Sprint. If I move it to the 20th, there
will only be 2 weeks between the SSS and the 4X4 Sprint in October. So
I need to know whether we should move the SSS to the third Sunday or
keep it as is. It makes no difference to me. Practically speaking, I
doubt the top three in the standings will change. Bill (KV6Z), Terry
(WA0ITP), and Chas (W2SH) have those positions pretty well sewn up, with
Johnny coming in a distant fourth. And, unlike Ozarkcon, participation
in Big Brutus doesn't affect as many people. Based on that, I'm
inclined to keep the SSS on the second Sunday of September, but am
willing to listen to arguments pro and con.

Think about it and let me know what you think by the end of August.

By the way, the rules for the 2015 4x4 Sprint are pretty much finalized
and will be revealed around the 1st of September. I play to slightly
revise the SSS rules as well, mainly in regard to scoring, but will
refrain from publishing them until after the September SSS, to keep from
confusing people.

72,

John AA0VE