Re: Ss-40HT Tuning Frequency Shift

Jim Kortge

On 9/2/2015 5:31 PM, morgamp52@mchsi.com [4sqrp] wrote:

Hi all,
Hi Mike,

My SS-40HT is working great except for the tuning range is from 6983
to 7037 kHz.
You are the second builder to report that range. We currently don't know why the tuning range is lower than it should be. I've got a kit coming to check thing out. In the meantime, if you have a 470 pF NP0 capacitor, try putting that in series with the 5.6 uH L9 inductor and let me know how far that moves to lower end tuning. If you don't have that value, try any value you have from 220 pF to 470 pF.

Any ideas how I can shift the low end above 7000 kHz?

See above.

Thanks,
Mike n0mpm
Thanks for your email and help.