Date   

Ozarkcon Sprint Entries

John Lonigro
 

Here is a list of the entries I have received for the Ozarkcon Sprint, held last Saturday:

1) N0EVH John
2) N4MJ Glenn
3) AB9BZ David
4) KK4ITX John
5) WA9PWP Paul

If anyone thinks he submitted his score and isn't on the list, please resubmit it to me (jonigro (at) gmail.com).

I also received complete logs from the two bonus stations K0N (N0YJ Bert) and WQ5RP (AC0BQ JohnnyN4MJ).  Thanks to both Bert and Johnny for taking time to be on the air and provide the opportunity for others to get bonus points.

I believe it was decided that neither Johnny nor Bert will be counted in the final tally, but their scores will be tabulated nonetheless and published with the results.

I'll give everybody one last chance to submit their score before I get busy tabulating who the winners are.  You've got until noon today (CDT) to submit your score.  It shouldn't take long to tabulate everything.  Noon is when I traditionally walk the dog, so you can expect to see the results maybe an hour later.  The certificates will be emailed to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners shortly thereafter.  Prizes will go to the 1st and 2nd place finishers.

72.

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator


Re: Ozarkcon Sprint - send in your score

John Lonigro
 

Paul:

Thanks for sending in your score.  I know it's not real impressive, but it's not the lowest one I've received, by far.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 4/5/20 10:34 AM, Paul Goemans wrote:
Hi John!
 OK, you win, I am #1485. I contacted K0N once and WQ5RP once! No other contacts during the contest period. At least I was on the air a bit!

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

-----Original Message----- From: John Lonigro
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 10:12 AM
To: 4SQRP@groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Ozarkcon Sprint - send in your score

The Ozarkcon Sprint is over.  I've only received 4 entries so far and I
know at least 10 people made contacts.  Please send in your score, no
matter how poorly you think you did.  If I only get four entries total,
three of them will get certificates and two will get prizes.  So please
send your score to ME, not to qrpcontest.com or anywhere else.  If
desired, you can simply reply to this email with the appropriate data:
Your name, call, member number, #QSOs: 1) with members; 2) with
non-members; 3) with K0N; and 4) with WQ5RP. Thanks.

I know it wasn't as much fun as Ozarkcon would have been.  How could it
be?  Hopefully, things will be different next year and our dummy load
activity will be back.

Next Sunday is Easter.  It is also the Second Sunday of April, which
means it will again be time for the Second Sunday Sprint. Normally,
there will be a lot of get-togethers, easter egg hunts, etc, but I
predict it will be different this year.  If you are stuck at home Sunday
night with nothing to do, you might as well try your luck with the SSS.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator






Re: Ozarkcon Sprint - send in your score

Paul Goemans
 

Hi John!
OK, you win, I am #1485. I contacted K0N once and WQ5RP once! No other contacts during the contest period. At least I was on the air a bit!

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lonigro
Sent: Sunday, April 05, 2020 10:12 AM
To: 4SQRP@groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Ozarkcon Sprint - send in your score

The Ozarkcon Sprint is over. I've only received 4 entries so far and I
know at least 10 people made contacts. Please send in your score, no
matter how poorly you think you did. If I only get four entries total,
three of them will get certificates and two will get prizes. So please
send your score to ME, not to qrpcontest.com or anywhere else. If
desired, you can simply reply to this email with the appropriate data:
Your name, call, member number, #QSOs: 1) with members; 2) with
non-members; 3) with K0N; and 4) with WQ5RP. Thanks.

I know it wasn't as much fun as Ozarkcon would have been. How could it
be? Hopefully, things will be different next year and our dummy load
activity will be back.

Next Sunday is Easter. It is also the Second Sunday of April, which
means it will again be time for the Second Sunday Sprint. Normally,
there will be a lot of get-togethers, easter egg hunts, etc, but I
predict it will be different this year. If you are stuck at home Sunday
night with nothing to do, you might as well try your luck with the SSS.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator


Ozarkcon Sprint - send in your score

John Lonigro
 

The Ozarkcon Sprint is over.  I've only received 4 entries so far and I know at least 10 people made contacts.  Please send in your score, no matter how poorly you think you did.  If I only get four entries total, three of them will get certificates and two will get prizes.  So please send your score to ME, not to qrpcontest.com or anywhere else.  If desired, you can simply reply to this email with the appropriate data: Your name, call, member number, #QSOs: 1) with members; 2) with non-members; 3) with K0N; and 4) with WQ5RP. Thanks.

I know it wasn't as much fun as Ozarkcon would have been.  How could it be?  Hopefully, things will be different next year and our dummy load activity will be back.

Next Sunday is Easter.  It is also the Second Sunday of April, which means it will again be time for the Second Sunday Sprint.  Normally, there will be a lot of get-togethers, easter egg hunts, etc, but I predict it will be different this year.  If you are stuck at home Sunday night with nothing to do, you might as well try your luck with the SSS.

72,
John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator


Re: 4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint K0N log by N0YJ

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Ge Group 
That was fun, thanks for joining us. 
Here is my WQ5RP log as I heard the calls. 
72 
Johnny AC0BQ

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 8:11 PM Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:

On 4/4/2020 10:15 AM, John Lonigro wrote:
> To all Four-Staters:
>
> I hope everyone is firing up their radios and trying to work people
> during these extraordinary times.  This might be the longest "sprint"
> in the history of radio, lasting pretty much all weekend (hi).  I
> think Johnny was pretty clear with the rules, which should be familiar
> to those participating in our monthly sprints.  As far as sending in
> your score is concerned, please send the following: 1) #QSOs with
> members (NOT including bonus QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP), 2) #QSOs with
> non-members, 3) #QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP.  Note: It's fair to have
> multiple QSOs with the bonus stations, as long as they are on
> different bands, which is the same rule with all QSOs.  The CW and
> sideband portions of each band are considered separate "bands" for the
> purposes of this contest.
>
> To tabulate your score, I will multiply your number of QSOs with
> members by 2 and the number with bonus stations by 4 and will add the
> results to the number of QSOs with non-members.   So just send me the
> raw scores requested above (with dupes removed).  I'm not asking for
> you to send in your logs, but have them handy in case I have questions
> or request a copy.  Since there are prizes involved, not just
> certificates, I want to get this right.
>
> Sample submission:
>
> (Email subject:  4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint)
>
> Name: Rover Jones
> Callsign: K9DOG
> City: Dogtown
> State: MO
> 4SQRP Member number: 99999
>
> Results (with dupes removed):
> Number of QSOs with members (NOT including K0N or WQ5RP):  W
> Number of QSOs with non-members: X
> Number of QSOs with K0N: Y
> Number of QSOs with WQ5RP: Z
>
> The score for Rover in this case would be 2W + X +4(Y+Z)
>
> If you adhere to this format, it would make it much easier for me.
>
> TNX, 72, and good luck in the contest,
>
> John, AA0VE
> 4SQRP Contest Coordinator
>
>
>
>
>


--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus





--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Re: 4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint K0N log by N0YJ

Robert
 

On 4/4/2020 10:15 AM, John Lonigro wrote:
To all Four-Staters:

I hope everyone is firing up their radios and trying to work people during these extraordinary times.  This might be the longest "sprint" in the history of radio, lasting pretty much all weekend (hi).  I think Johnny was pretty clear with the rules, which should be familiar to those participating in our monthly sprints.  As far as sending in your score is concerned, please send the following: 1) #QSOs with members (NOT including bonus QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP), 2) #QSOs with non-members, 3) #QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP.  Note: It's fair to have multiple QSOs with the bonus stations, as long as they are on different bands, which is the same rule with all QSOs.  The CW and sideband portions of each band are considered separate "bands" for the purposes of this contest.

To tabulate your score, I will multiply your number of QSOs with members by 2 and the number with bonus stations by 4 and will add the results to the number of QSOs with non-members.   So just send me the raw scores requested above (with dupes removed).  I'm not asking for you to send in your logs, but have them handy in case I have questions or request a copy.  Since there are prizes involved, not just certificates, I want to get this right.

Sample submission:

(Email subject:  4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint)

Name: Rover Jones
Callsign: K9DOG
City: Dogtown
State: MO
4SQRP Member number: 99999

Results (with dupes removed):
Number of QSOs with members (NOT including K0N or WQ5RP):  W
Number of QSOs with non-members: X
Number of QSOs with K0N: Y
Number of QSOs with WQ5RP: Z

The score for Rover in this case would be 2W + X +4(Y+Z)

If you adhere to this format, it would make it much easier for me.

TNX, 72, and good luck in the contest,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator




--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus


Sasquatch Stomp was Fun

Wayne McFee
 

Hello All,
 
The Sasquatch Stomp was a lot of fun, with good numbers of signals on the band.  Those of you who participated, please go to
 
 
and go to the bottom of the page and download the score sheet.
 
All you need to do is fill in the appropriate green boxes.
 
Such as the year, your callsign, your QTH, your SPC (QTH), Sasquatch Number given out and your name.
 
Add up all the received Sasquatch Numbers and put the total in the green box on line 15 as a negative number.  Example –12, 980
 
Put the total number of Yetis worked I the green box on line 16 and put the total number of contacts made in the green box on line 17.
 
Then, if you used a straight key for the whole event, put –9,999 in the green box on line 23.  If not, leave it blank.
 
The form takes care of all the rest, so you can then email a copy to nb6m@....
 
We will give everyone a week to get their score sheets in and then the results will be posted on the pnwqrp.org Sasquatch Stomp web page.
 
A big thank you to wll who took part.
 
73,
 
Wayne  NB6M
 
 


Re: Ocon Sprint

n4mj
 

Johnny, you are 599 here on 7.122.  Can't hear Bert on 3.564.  slow day.

n4mj


 
PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"
  Thank you! 



On Saturday, April 4, 2020, 05:05:05 PM CDT, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:



ge Group
were Back on the air!
Im at 7.122 and Bert is at 3.564. 
Cu there
Johnny WQ5RP

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Re: Twenty years a major change occured to the QRP amateur radio hobby

Paul Goemans
 

And,
  Then the 38 Special? Heady days in QRP!
 
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI
 

From: Charlie Vest
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 4:27 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io ; Stan via groups.io ; QRP-L Mailing List ; St. Louis QRP Society ; qrpguys@...
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Twenty years a major change occured to the QRP amateur radio hobby
 

Gee maybe a 25th anniversary edition would make for a nice project ....

Just ran into my Original badge from Ozarkcon 1 , I guess , in Joplin the other day. LOTS of GREAT memories of

that first event !!

Charlie , W5COV

On April 4, 2020 at 3:48 PM "Stan via groups.io" <w9ifz@...> wrote:

     The Forty-9er was born 25 years ago in March 1996.  The QRP hobby segment had been around for a long time, but suddenly a pocket size transceiver with a superior receiver to the crystal set design of the popular Pixies was available and the 49-er was powered by a small 9 Volt battery.

      Wayne Burdick, N6KR was the designer and QRPp magazine ‘s March 1996 issue Volume IV, Number 1 had the details.  There was a source for a PCB for only $5 which include shipping thanks to Jim Cates.

       Quicker than a rabbit being chased by a pack of hungry hound dogs, I went looking for a case to put it in and found an Altoids metal case was perfect.

        By June, the latest issue of QRPp, included several minor improvements, including audio mods by NA5N, AC6AN, and others in addition to updates from Wayne.

        I believe a major transformation and step forward for the QRP low power segment of our great amateur radio hobby resulted due to the 49-er.

PS: Wayne, K6KR, later created Elecraft.

Stan, AK0B

 


Ocon Sprint

Johnny AC0BQ
 


ge Group
were Back on the air!
Im at 7.122 and Bert is at 3.564. 
Cu there
Johnny WQ5RP

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Re: Twenty years a major change occured to the QRP amateur radio hobby

Charlie Vest
 

Gee maybe a 25th anniversary edition would make for a nice project ....

Just ran into my Original badge from Ozarkcon 1 , I guess , in Joplin the other day. LOTS of GREAT memories of

that first event !! 

Charlie , W5COV 

On April 4, 2020 at 3:48 PM "Stan via groups.io" <w9ifz@...> wrote:

     The Forty-9er was born 25 years ago in March 1996.  The QRP hobby segment had been around for a long time, but suddenly a pocket size transceiver with a superior receiver to the crystal set design of the popular Pixies was available and the 49-er was powered by a small 9 Volt battery.

      Wayne Burdick, N6KR was the designer and QRPp magazine ‘s March 1996 issue Volume IV, Number 1 had the details.  There was a source for a PCB for only $5 which include shipping thanks to Jim Cates.

       Quicker than a rabbit being chased by a pack of hungry hound dogs, I went looking for a case to put it in and found an Altoids metal case was perfect.

        By June, the latest issue of QRPp, included several minor improvements, including audio mods by NA5N, AC6AN, and others in addition to updates from Wayne.

        I believe a major transformation and step forward for the QRP low power segment of our great amateur radio hobby resulted due to the 49-er.

PS: Wayne, K6KR, later created Elecraft. 

Stan, AK0B



Twenty years a major change occured to the QRP amateur radio hobby

Stan
 

     The Forty-9er was born 25 years ago in March 1996.  The QRP hobby segment had been around for a long time, but suddenly a pocket size transceiver with a superior receiver to the crystal set design of the popular Pixies was available and the 49-er was powered by a small 9 Volt battery.

      Wayne Burdick, N6KR was the designer and QRPp magazine ‘s March 1996 issue Volume IV, Number 1 had the details.  There was a source for a PCB for only $5 which include shipping thanks to Jim Cates.

       Quicker than a rabbit being chased by a pack of hungry hound dogs, I went looking for a case to put it in and found an Altoids metal case was perfect.

        By June, the latest issue of QRPp, included several minor improvements, including audio mods by NA5N, AC6AN, and others in addition to updates from Wayne.

        I believe a major transformation and step forward for the QRP low power segment of our great amateur radio hobby resulted due to the 49-er.

PS: Wayne, K6KR, later created Elecraft. 

Stan, AK0B



Ozarkcon Sprint correction and score submittal

John Lonigro
 

I have an apology to make.  I said Johnny's instructions were clear, and they were, but I still managed to screw up a little.  I misread it when he listed the duration of the sprint.  I believe it is only from 8:00 am CDT till 8:00 pm CDT, today only.  When he listed the times, he said:

"8:00 am cdst, 13:00Z 04-04 to 8:00 pm cdst 1:00Z 04-05".

What I saw was 8:00 am CDT April 4th (today) till 8:00 pm April 5th (tomorrow).  I failed to consider the UTC times, to which the dates referred.  Obviously, 8:00 pm CDT today is 0100Z tomorrow.  My mistake.

While I have your attention (if I still do), please get your scores sent to me by Sunday night.  I plan to start tabulating things Monday morning (0800 CDT or 1300Z).  Remember, send them to jonigro (at) gmail.com.  Do NOT enter them on the qrpcontest.com website.

72, be healthy, and good luck in the contest,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator


Crickey

Chris Herd
 

Hi

there is no DX price.

How would I get one shipped to New Zealand?

thanks


Re: Hilltopper

AG1P Ron
 

Thanks John! Good catch.   I assume that the code erroneously tries to calculate time until next on the days OzarkCon is scheduled.  It probably loops forever.  I will disable as soon as I can get into the site.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

 

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of John - KK4ITX via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, April 04, 2020 4:52 AM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Hilltopper

 

Ron,

 

Attached is a screenshot from this AM of the 4S website.  At the bottom is a message eluding to an error.

 

All else on my machine seems to be functioning properly so it’s either a website issue or a server problem ?

 

72,

 

John

KK4ITX 

 

image1.png

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁


On Apr 4, 2020, at 02:14, AG1P Ron <ag1p@...> wrote:

Yes, we will be doing another run. I am gathering parts info now. Not sure of the lead time on the PCBs.
72 - Ron - AG1P
4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

-----Original Message-----
From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee Bahr
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 10:20 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Hilltopper

Anyone heard about a new supply of Hilltopper?  Are they going to do
them again?

Lee, w0vt







Re: Hilltopper

Paul Womble
 

With a lot of people staying at home kit sales should be brisk!  I want at least two.

Paul K4FB



On Sat, Apr 4, 2020, 10:56 AM Leland L. Bahr <w5drc@...> wrote:
Good to know.

Lee, w0vt

On 4/4/2020 1:14 AM, AG1P Ron wrote:
> Yes, we will be doing another run. I am gathering parts info now. Not sure of the lead time on the PCBs.
> 72 - Ron - AG1P
> 4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee Bahr
> Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 10:20 PM
> To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
> Subject: [4SQRP] Hilltopper
>
> Anyone heard about a new supply of Hilltopper?  Are they going to do
> them again?
>
> Lee, w0vt
>
>
>
>
>
>
>




Re: Hilltopper

Greg Parker
 

I saw the same thing yesterday. Very happy a nee run will be made, I snoozed too long and missed them. 


4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint

John Lonigro
 

To all Four-Staters:

I hope everyone is firing up their radios and trying to work people during these extraordinary times.  This might be the longest "sprint" in the history of radio, lasting pretty much all weekend (hi).  I think Johnny was pretty clear with the rules, which should be familiar to those participating in our monthly sprints.  As far as sending in your score is concerned, please send the following: 1) #QSOs with members (NOT including bonus QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP), 2) #QSOs with non-members, 3) #QSOs with K0N and WQ5RP.  Note: It's fair to have multiple QSOs with the bonus stations, as long as they are on different bands, which is the same rule with all QSOs.  The CW and sideband portions of each band are considered separate "bands" for the purposes of this contest.

To tabulate your score, I will multiply your number of QSOs with members by 2 and the number with bonus stations by 4 and will add the results to the number of QSOs with non-members.   So just send me the raw scores requested above (with dupes removed).  I'm not asking for you to send in your logs, but have them handy in case I have questions or request a copy.  Since there are prizes involved, not just certificates, I want to get this right.

Sample submission:

(Email subject:  4SQRP Ozarkcon Sprint)

Name: Rover Jones
Callsign: K9DOG
City: Dogtown
State: MO
4SQRP Member number: 99999

Results (with dupes removed):
Number of QSOs with members (NOT including K0N or WQ5RP):  W
Number of QSOs with non-members: X
Number of QSOs with K0N: Y
Number of QSOs with WQ5RP: Z

The score for Rover in this case would be 2W + X +4(Y+Z)

If you adhere to this format, it would make it much easier for me.

TNX, 72, and good luck in the contest,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator


Re: Hilltopper

Leland L. Bahr
 

Good to know.

Lee, w0vt

On 4/4/2020 1:14 AM, AG1P Ron wrote:
Yes, we will be doing another run. I am gathering parts info now. Not sure of the lead time on the PCBs.
72 - Ron - AG1P
4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

-----Original Message-----
From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Lee Bahr
Sent: Friday, April 03, 2020 10:20 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Hilltopper

Anyone heard about a new supply of Hilltopper? Are they going to do
them again?

Lee, w0vt






Re: OZARKCON SPRINT

griffithsesq.robert
 

Thanks Johnny. I did give you a few calls with the BJ but, the QSB and Propagation negated the possibility of a BJ Q. Maybe next time. 73 and Good Luck.

Griff NE3I

 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

 

From: Johnny Matlock
Sent: Saturday, April 4, 2020 9:48 AM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] OZARKCON SPRINT

 

gm bob

ur rst was 539 a little thin but i got you in the log! 

bring on the bayou Jumper! 

let me know if i need to qsy? 

72