Date   

Re: Little Pistols vs Big Guns

Bobby Drummond
 



On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 5:28 PM n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:n 2m when we were out walking the trails on our "bear hunts". Couple of photos attached as well. All-in-all a wonderful getaway.

Now there's a man that knows how to live!   You lucky dog!

Happy fer you, Jim. 

--
73 de AK4JA


Little Pistols vs Big Guns

Jim, N5IB
 

Hi Gang,

About two weeks ago Gloria (WD5CMA) and I had a chance to spend a week at our son (W5WWX) and daughter-in-law's cabin the the north Georgia mountains (Blue Ridge GA) inside the Chatahoochee National Forest. Great spot for "luxury" POTA, with mains power, A/C, comfy furnishings, kitchen, cable TV, WiFi, hot tub, etc. Rough duty, but somebody's got to get those Parks On The Air :^))

Antennas were held up by a Jackite pole strapped to the deck railing. The deck at that spot is 17' above ground level, so for 20m it was a full size dipole suspended vertically, on 40m it was a slight sloper. Rig, for most of the time, was the K2-QRP running off a 7 aH AGM battery that was topped up periodically with a 600 mA solar panel. Had short-lived mini-pileups most days on both CW and SSB after spotting on the POTA site.

But for a brief 90 minute spell, I threw caution to winds and broke out the 20m Spy Radio, based on Dave Benson's Green Mountain 20, but packaged to look like the Bayou Jumper. A photo is attached. Output is about 1.5 to 2.0 W depending on battery health. Here the battery was three 18650 Li-ion cells in series.

I dived right into the roiling fray of the NA Sprint on 20m, and in that 90 minute span, with a couple of snack breaks thrown in, made 25 Qs, working all but three or four of the stations I called. It was a barrel of fun. So nice to be in an RF quiet environment. So quiet I could hear some slight noise from my Samlex switching 20A supply when I broke it out for a few minutes the next day. Never heard any amid the RF soup at the home QTH in Baton Rouge.

But probably the neatest part was introducing our grand daughter, Tessa, to ham radio. Not quite 3 years old yet, she was fascinated with the straight key and keyer, and we even managed a few words of chat back to grandma on 2m when we were out walking the trails on our "bear hunts". Couple of photos attached as well. All-in-all a wonderful getaway.

Blatant advertisement - they do list the cabin on airbnb - There's no permanent antenna installed, but a fishing pole, some wire and string is all that's needed. I shan't post a link here - that would be too blatant - but contact me privately if you wish.

73,
Jim, N5IB
n5ib (at) juno (dot) com


Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 08/19/2020 20:00-21:00 #cal-reminder

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When: Wednesday, 19 August 2020, 20:00 to 21:00, (GMT-05:00) America/Chicago

Where:40 and 80 Meters

View Event

Organizer: jomatlock@...

Description: The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.


Re: Selling built Nouveau 75A

K0WDO Will Osborn
 

N75a is sold, thanks all!

On Aug 17, 2020, at 12:27 PM, K0WDO Will Osborn via groups.io <K0WDO=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Fully built 4SQRP kit: Nouveau 75A AM transceiver, tested and works, multiple contacts! 5 watt carrier and I’ve seen up to 15 watts PEP.
This is the new version with incorporated receiver mod. 125 shipped PayPal.

Contact me privately if interested please.
k0wdo@yahoo.com

73, Will
K0WDO





Selling built Nouveau 75A

K0WDO Will Osborn
 

Fully built 4SQRP kit: Nouveau 75A AM transceiver, tested and works, multiple contacts! 5 watt carrier and I’ve seen up to 15 watts PEP.
This is the new version with incorporated receiver mod. 125 shipped PayPal.

Contact me privately if interested please.
k0wdo@yahoo.com

73, Will
K0WDO


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - What's next?

Dr Jim Kennedy
 

I tried to participate today but I guess an assortment of poor antenna choice, band conditions, and locations that I chose (working portable) apparently all together did not help my efforts. I heard some calls to the South of me and I tried to make some contacts, but not a single QSO in the book.

However, I enjoyed the preparation (built my own vertical slinky antenna with 9:1 unun) and the hunt.

Thank you Larry for putting this together and making it go! Very much appreciated.

--
*72/73, Doc - K2PHD
OOTC#4697 - SKCC#5669 - NAQCC#9194 - FISTS#18988
OEM/RACES/ARES/CERT/SKYWARN
K2PHD@...
FN20qv*


Hilltoppers Sales Now Open

AG1P Ron
 

GA Everyone,

 

It has been a long hard struggle but we finally have another run of Hilltopper 20s and 40s available for sale on the www.4sqrp.com  website.

 

Thank you for your patience. The delay has been as frustrating to us as it has been to you.

 

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Secretary/Treasurer

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

 

 


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - What's next?

Viktors Miske
 

All I heard / saw was a scrawny grey squirell inspecting my shamefull antenna.


NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - What's next?

Larry Makoski
 

Skeeter Hunters,

Wow! That was a blast! Even though band conditions were far from stellar (I'm trying to be kind!), there seemed to be a lot of activity - and that's because of all of YOU! Without you, the Skeeter Hunt would be a big nothing. All of you out there make it what it is - and I'm so grateful to all of you for that.

The next step is to submit your log summaries. This is not a complicated or arduous undertaking - NJQRP means to keep it "Easy peasy, lemon squeezy". No ADIFs or Cabrillos are needed - no jumping through hoops. Just send an e-mail to w2lj@... with the following (example shown)

Larry - W2LJ - NJ
Skeeter #13 - All CW
Single Op
Skeeter QSOs - 23
Non-Skeeter QRP QSOs - 5
Non-Skeeter QRO QSOs - (if any)
S/P/Cs - 18
Station Class Multiplier X4
Bonus - Yes or No as to whether or not you used a homebrew antenna.

Please feel free to include your soapbox comments and any photos you wish to share.

All this is due two weeks from today - August 30th, 2020. The Scoreboard will be posted over Labor Day weeebnd and certificates and the publishing of the Soapbox will follow soon afterward.

On behalf of NJQRP - once again ...... thanks do much for being there!

Larry W2LJ


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

John Netro
 

Thanks


On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 8:14 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:
No, John. It does not have to be.  There are four Station Classes in the Skeeter Hunt:

Station Classes and Multipliers
X1 Home stations - commercial equipment
X2 Home stations - home brewed or kit built equipment
X3 Portable station - commercial equipment
X4 Portable station - home brewed or kit built equipment

Larry W2LJ

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:56 AM John Netro <n9wvm59@...> wrote:
Does the radio have to be kit also?

I have Yaesu FT-818nd that runs off AA batteries and homebrew buddistick  that I plan to use today

Thanks
N9WVM


On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Larry Makoski
 

No, John. It does not have to be.  There are four Station Classes in the Skeeter Hunt:

Station Classes and Multipliers
X1 Home stations - commercial equipment
X2 Home stations - home brewed or kit built equipment
X3 Portable station - commercial equipment
X4 Portable station - home brewed or kit built equipment

Larry W2LJ

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 7:56 AM John Netro <n9wvm59@...> wrote:
Does the radio have to be kit also?

I have Yaesu FT-818nd that runs off AA batteries and homebrew buddistick  that I plan to use today

Thanks
N9WVM


On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

John Netro
 

Does the radio have to be kit also?

I have Yaesu FT-818nd that runs off AA batteries and homebrew buddistick  that I plan to use today

Thanks
N9WVM


On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13


Re: [ADV] Re: [4SQRP] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

jrdock@ckt.net
 

No problem .... good hunting!


Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
"A veteran is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America for any amount, up to and including their life."
                                                 

On Aug 15, 2020, at 2:20 PM, Peter Dehman <highspeedcw@...> wrote:


WOOPS!
Wrong Email address.
Sorry!

de WA1ISA

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 3:18 PM Peter Dehman via groups.io <highspeedcw=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Need a Skeeter Number please.

Thanks,

de WA1ISA

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 1:39 PM Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt -- have you applied for your Skeeter number yet? It's not too late! Send your email to request a number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one in time for tomorrow's contest. See below.

I decided I'd work hard to get a low number this year... and I succeeded. :-) 

Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII 


Begin forwarded message:

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Subject: [FPqrp-L] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13

*** Manage your FPqrp-L options at http://fpqrp.org/mailman/listinfo/fpqrp-l_fpqrp.org ***


--
Jeff N0̷MII


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Peter Dehman
 

WOOPS!
Wrong Email address.
Sorry!

de WA1ISA

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 3:18 PM Peter Dehman via groups.io <highspeedcw=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Need a Skeeter Number please.

Thanks,

de WA1ISA

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 1:39 PM Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt -- have you applied for your Skeeter number yet? It's not too late! Send your email to request a number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one in time for tomorrow's contest. See below.

I decided I'd work hard to get a low number this year... and I succeeded. :-) 

Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII 


Begin forwarded message:

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Subject: [FPqrp-L] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13

*** Manage your FPqrp-L options at http://fpqrp.org/mailman/listinfo/fpqrp-l_fpqrp.org ***


--
Jeff N0̷MII


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Peter Dehman
 

Need a Skeeter Number please.

Thanks,

de WA1ISA

On Sat, Aug 15, 2020 at 1:39 PM Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt -- have you applied for your Skeeter number yet? It's not too late! Send your email to request a number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one in time for tomorrow's contest. See below.

I decided I'd work hard to get a low number this year... and I succeeded. :-) 

Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII 


Begin forwarded message:

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Subject: [FPqrp-L] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13

*** Manage your FPqrp-L options at http://fpqrp.org/mailman/listinfo/fpqrp-l_fpqrp.org ***


--
Jeff N0̷MII


Re: NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII
 

LOL - my brain was thinking "SLQS" but my fingers typed "4SQRP."

No matter -- hope to hear and work other 4SQRP members tomorrow too!

On Aug 15, 2020, at 12:39 PM, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@logullo.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,
...
Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII
--
Jeff N0̷MII


NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII
 

Hi everyone,

Tomorrow's the annual NJQRP Skeeter Hunt -- have you applied for your Skeeter number yet? It's not too late! Send your email to request a number RIGHT NOW and you'll get one in time for tomorrow's contest. See below.

I decided I'd work hard to get a low number this year... and I succeeded. :-) 

Hope to hear and work other SLQS members tomorrow. Here's to good weather and good propagation!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII 


Begin forwarded message:

From: Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...>
Subject: [FPqrp-L] NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!
Date: August 15, 2020 at 6:35:14 AM CDT

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13

*** Manage your FPqrp-L options at http://fpqrp.org/mailman/listinfo/fpqrp-l_fpqrp.org ***


--
Jeff N0̷MII


NJQRP Skeeter Hunt - tomorrow!

Larry Makoski
 

Tomorrow, Sunday August 16th is the 9th running of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

277 of you have signed up for Skeeter numbers, so there should be lots of activity out there. Our fingers are crossed that the Propagation Princess will be in a good mood and will cooperate. This is an all time record number of Skeeters - NJQRP thanks each and every one of you for participating. It's not too late to sign up for a number, I'll be issuing them right up to about 10:00 AM EDT tomorrow for any late comers - just send an e-amil to w2lj@... and I'll send you an e-mail back with your Skeeter Number for 2020.

If anyone is fuzzy about the rules, please visit http://www.qsl.net/w2lj - the rules are easy and not cumbersome. The exchange is easy and the main goal of this exercize is to provide ample fun - no jumping through hoops here.

Lastly, in these COVID times, please remember to stay safe. Back yard operations with a temporary antenna and a power source other than your home's commercial mains count as portable for the Skeeter Hunt. No need to go off into the public if you feel safer at home. If you do venture out, please keep yourself safe by observing your area's restrictions (i.e facial coverings, social distancing and above all Common Sense). We at NJQRP want to have you all back next year for the 10th Anniversary of the NJQRP Skeeter Hunt.

Go out there, be careful and have fun! Hope to hear you and get your call signs in the log!

72 de Larry W2LJ - Contest Manager - Skeeter # 13


Re: Well, I've spent enough time with the Ozark Patrol

Peter Wang <kf5nd@...>
 

Pending shipping...


Peter Wang
Tel +1 (281) 550-3864

On Aug 13, 2020 6:23 PM, "Charles W. Powell via groups.io" <doctorcwp@...> wrote:

Any takers, Peter?  I would try to tackle it to give to a grandchild.  If still available, email me off list  NK8O at arrl dot net.  I can send a check or send postage via PayPal.

73,

Charles - NK8O

On 8/13/20 7:21 AM, Peter Wang via groups.io wrote:
Black panel version...




Sincerely,
Peter Wang
Phone: (832) 582-0514


On Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 09:48:00 PM CDT, John Evans <john.evans.n0hj@...> wrote:


If this is the gray panel version, I'll go for it.

John - n0hj

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020, 8:45 PM Peter Wang via groups.io <kf5nd=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm getting hum, noise, dead spots, microphonics, the "pop" when you get into regeneration... all of the endearing characteristics of regen receivers... but can't hear any signals at all on either of the two bands, which is really strange, I hear signals on my Tecsun. I'm ready to donate this deaf kitty-cat to a home for free, if someone will pick up the postage....


73,
Peter Wang  KF5ND


Re: Well, I've spent enough time with the Ozark Patrol

Charles W. Powell
 

Any takers, Peter?  I would try to tackle it to give to a grandchild.  If still available, email me off list  NK8O at arrl dot net.  I can send a check or send postage via PayPal.

73,

Charles - NK8O

On 8/13/20 7:21 AM, Peter Wang via groups.io wrote:
Black panel version...




Sincerely,
Peter Wang
Phone: (832) 582-0514


On Wednesday, August 12, 2020, 09:48:00 PM CDT, John Evans <john.evans.n0hj@...> wrote:


If this is the gray panel version, I'll go for it.

John - n0hj

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020, 8:45 PM Peter Wang via groups.io <kf5nd=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I'm getting hum, noise, dead spots, microphonics, the "pop" when you get into regeneration... all of the endearing characteristics of regen receivers... but can't hear any signals at all on either of the two bands, which is really strange, I hear signals on my Tecsun. I'm ready to donate this deaf kitty-cat to a home for free, if someone will pick up the postage....


73,
Peter Wang  KF5ND

2341 - 2360 of 24812