Date   

Re: CRIC KEY back in stock

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Gm Karl
Alright!
Enjoy.
Happy  Holidays.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 8:19 AM Karl Schwab <schwab.karl@...> wrote:
Mine is in the mail, Johnny!
73, Karl, KO8S

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 9:15 AM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Gm Group
If you have been waiting for a stocking stuffer, we have the Cric-Key back in stock.
Many thanks to our new kitter, Gene KG6EYE for pulling them together in record time!

You can order here:

Happy Holidays
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: CRIC KEY back in stock

Karl Schwab
 

Mine is in the mail, Johnny!
73, Karl, KO8S

On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 9:15 AM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Gm Group
If you have been waiting for a stocking stuffer, we have the Cric-Key back in stock.
Many thanks to our new kitter, Gene KG6EYE for pulling them together in record time!

You can order here:

Happy Holidays
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


CRIC KEY back in stock

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Gm Group
If you have been waiting for a stocking stuffer, we have the Cric-Key back in stock.
Many thanks to our new kitter, Gene KG6EYE for pulling them together in record time!

You can order here:

Happy Holidays
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: 40 and 80 m nets

WA0ITP
 

Heard you quite well in SEIA, thanks agn for being NCS

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 9:19 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 



--


Re: 40 and 80 m nets

Paul Goemans
 

Gang,
  Radio silence from me as I was outta the house yesterday evening!

WA9PWP 

Sent from Pauls iPhone

On Dec 16, 2020, at 9:19 PM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:


Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 


Re: Looking 4 Spider SP-1

John
 

Larry's new/old  SPIDER

:-)
John K5MO



On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 1:11 PM Larry Hastings <larry7hastings7@...> wrote:
I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on. 
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal. 
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St. 
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72


Re: 40 and 80 m nets

Walter - K5EST
 

Heard no one on 40 meters. On 80 meters maybe a whisper. At 3.560 MHz the 3 lander's were booming into Missouri around 8:30PM.

Next week!......73 all,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - QRPcw
https://www.qrz.com/db/k5est
   


On Wed, Dec 16, 2020, 21:19 Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 


DELTA MIKE ROMEO NET

Robert
 

NICE NET

N4DR MARC
NK8O CHAS
AC0BQ JOHNNY
WG5F ED
N4ELM DAVE
KC0PP KEITH
KU5M JOE

73'S
BERT
N0YJ


Re: 40 and 80 m nets

John - KK4ITX
 

I listened to the sound of silence on both 40m & 80m..... no more than a dit or dah once in a while....... I kept busy playing with all the buttons and knobs, amazing how so many options don’t seem to do much !

See (positive thoughts) ya next week !

John
KK4ITX 
Zephyrhills, FL

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Dec 16, 2020, at 22:18, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 


Re: 40 and 80 m nets

n4mj
 

Johnny,

Could not hear you nor anyone on 40m. I called 4S Net a couple of times but no response, guess no one heard me. Some nights we can, some nights we can't. hi hi

80m was as you say, 'thin'. QSB was rapid.  Would hear part of your call when you were working Dave the your sig would disappear.  At one point during my QNI your sig was 579...for a split second. hi hi

73 de n4mj//glenn


 
PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"
  Thank you! 



On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 09:19:10 PM CST, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:


Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 


40 and 80 m nets

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Ge Group 
Well, slim pickings tonight. 
40 Meters 
N0YJ bERT
N4KV JOHN 

80 METERS 
NOYJ * BERT DOUBLE 
WA0ITP TERRY 
N4ELM DAVE 
N4MJ GLENN (Thin) 

72 all Stay well! 
Johnny AC0BQ 


Re: Looking 4 Spider SP-1

Curt
 

I don't know, maybe homebrew this case and put a better rig inside! use a programmable rock (and put useless frequency unused xtal above or not). Was this also in a qrp issue of qst, maybe same issue as ne 40-40? Why do we fall in love with some horrible receivers? Okay see what comes your way. I keep thinking I want a vintage tube regen but these seem scarce so I may need to just build one (I did build a broadcast band one).

73 curt wb8yyy



hill topper 30 not working

KM6KJE
 

I put together a hill topper 30 as I have put together a few of them on startup with a jumper on CAL all I get is a hum no sidetone it transmits but the signal is a hum no sidetone does anyone have ideas why 
thanks, terry


Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 12/16/2020 #cal-notice

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 16 December 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

Description:
The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.


Re: Looking 4 Spider SP-1

 

C'mon 4SQRP, QRP Guys, QRP-ARCI, and other radical groups!

Smiff

On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 5:26:55 PM CST, Charlie Vest <cvest@...> wrote:


They are really hard to find these days. I have managed to pick up 2 of them and would like to find more .

It would also be nice if someone offered them as a kit with just a couple of updated parts .

Charlie , W5COV

On December 14, 2020 at 4:55 PM WR9H <herbcase@...> wrote:

Hi Larry. I've been looking for the same rig. Did you get any hits from people that want to part with them?
72
Herb/WR9H

WR9H
Herbert Case
3648 Laura Lane
Rockford,ILL 61114
815-639-0484
herbcase@...
??


From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Hastings <larry7hastings7@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:11 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4sqrp.groups.io>
Subject: [4SQRP] Looking 4 Spider SP-1
 
I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on. 
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal. 
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St. 
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72

 


Re: Looking 4 Spider SP-1

Charlie Vest
 

They are really hard to find these days. I have managed to pick up 2 of them and would like to find more .

It would also be nice if someone offered them as a kit with just a couple of updated parts .

Charlie , W5COV

On December 14, 2020 at 4:55 PM WR9H <herbcase@...> wrote:

Hi Larry. I've been looking for the same rig. Did you get any hits from people that want to part with them?
72
Herb/WR9H

WR9H
Herbert Case
3648 Laura Lane
Rockford,ILL 61114
815-639-0484
herbcase@...
??


From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Larry Hastings <larry7hastings7@...>
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2020 12:11 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4sqrp.groups.io>
Subject: [4SQRP] Looking 4 Spider SP-1
 
I'm looking for an old Lectrokit QRP Spider SP-1( built or kit). Don't care which band it's on. 
Just let me know how much and I'll send you a check or pay you by paypal. 
316)775-7870
 Larry Hastings
3115 Susan St. 
Augusta, KS 67010

TNX es 72


Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 12/16/2020 20:00-21:00 #cal-reminder

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When: Wednesday, 16 December 2020, 20:00 to 21:00, (GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:40 and 80 Meters

View Event

Organizer: jomatlock@...

Description: The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.


Re: SSS results

Carl Gansen
 

Nice job by John, Chas, and Nick.  It was a fun year.
72
Carl WB0CFF 


Re: SSS results

Johnny AC0BQ
 

I will second that 
Good Job John!
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 9:35 AM n4mj via groups.io <n4mj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Kudos to John (BAI), Chas (SH), & Nick (BKL).  good job.
73 and MX de n4mj//glenn


 
PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"
  Thank you! 



On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 08:12:48 AM CST, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:


It was an exciting yearlong contest, all the way to the end.  I believe
Chas, W2SH, was leading virtually all year.  He ended up with a total of
158 points.   However, in December, John, K4BAI, roared ahead to just
beat out Chas.  John had 18 points in December (to Chas's 8), a total of
162 for the year.  In third place was Nick, WB5BKL, with 148 points. 
Looking back on the year, John did very well every month he participated
(except October), but he missed 4 months, which made the contest a lot
closer than it would have been if he had participated every month.

So John, K4BAI, gets the first place award for 2020, followed by Chas
(2nd place) and Nick (3rd place).  Those three will receive their
certificates shortly.

The winner for the month of December was also John, K4BAI, with his 18
points.  John will receive his December certificate shortly as well.

This month, we had two first-time participants: Jerry, W0PWE, from
Johnston, IA and Bob, WB1GYZ, from Wallingford, CT.  Based on their
4SQRP membership numbers, Jerry has been a club member forever.  Bob is
a relatively new member.  Welcome to the Second Sunday Sprint! Hope you
both can join us in the future.

I will make a pdf file of the spreadsheet for 2020, in case anyone would
like to look at it.  Just send me a self-addressed, stamped email (hi)
and I'll send it to you ASAP.

Thus ends another SSS contest year.  Next month, the spreadsheet will be
cleared and everyone gets a fresh start for 2021.  If you are thinking
of seriously competing in the Second Sunday Sprint, next month would be
an ideal time to get started.  But don't forget that there are twelve
monthly winners as well.  If you can only participate every once in a
while, you still have a chance to win that month's certificate, but only
if you participate and enter your score.

Happy holidays and stay well!  73 to all,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator







--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: SSS results

n4mj
 

Kudos to John (BAI), Chas (SH), & Nick (BKL).  good job.
73 and MX de n4mj//glenn


 
PLEASE REMOVE all email addresses before you send it on and use BCC option when forwarding"
  Thank you! 



On Wednesday, December 16, 2020, 08:12:48 AM CST, John Lonigro <jonigro@...> wrote:


It was an exciting yearlong contest, all the way to the end.  I believe
Chas, W2SH, was leading virtually all year.  He ended up with a total of
158 points.   However, in December, John, K4BAI, roared ahead to just
beat out Chas.  John had 18 points in December (to Chas's 8), a total of
162 for the year.  In third place was Nick, WB5BKL, with 148 points. 
Looking back on the year, John did very well every month he participated
(except October), but he missed 4 months, which made the contest a lot
closer than it would have been if he had participated every month.

So John, K4BAI, gets the first place award for 2020, followed by Chas
(2nd place) and Nick (3rd place).  Those three will receive their
certificates shortly.

The winner for the month of December was also John, K4BAI, with his 18
points.  John will receive his December certificate shortly as well.

This month, we had two first-time participants: Jerry, W0PWE, from
Johnston, IA and Bob, WB1GYZ, from Wallingford, CT.  Based on their
4SQRP membership numbers, Jerry has been a club member forever.  Bob is
a relatively new member.  Welcome to the Second Sunday Sprint! Hope you
both can join us in the future.

I will make a pdf file of the spreadsheet for 2020, in case anyone would
like to look at it.  Just send me a self-addressed, stamped email (hi)
and I'll send it to you ASAP.

Thus ends another SSS contest year.  Next month, the spreadsheet will be
cleared and everyone gets a fresh start for 2021.  If you are thinking
of seriously competing in the Second Sunday Sprint, next month would be
an ideal time to get started.  But don't forget that there are twelve
monthly winners as well.  If you can only participate every once in a
while, you still have a chance to win that month's certificate, but only
if you participate and enter your score.

Happy holidays and stay well!  73 to all,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator







1301 - 1320 of 24436