Date   

Re: Bayou Jumper Kit

John Parker
 

Mahalo John!

I would be more than happy to pickup the costs and shipping!

Let me know how you would like to proceed.

I have PayPal and Venmo for $$ transfers.


John WH6DQU 


On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 12:16 PM John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That is unfortunate knowing that earlier perhaps the kit could have been shipped in a box.

There is a HL 5 miles from me if you want to pick up the costs involved I’ll see if they are available.

If there are others in HI I would try for more boxes and that might help on shipping ?

John
KK4ITX 


🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

On Jan 24, 2021, at 4:04 PM, John Parker <parkjv1@...> wrote:


As it turns out, Hobby Lobby doesn’t ship the wood boxes to Hawaii, Alaska or FPO addresses.

:-(

John WH6DQU

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:59 PM John Parker via groups.io <parkjv1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Aloha All,

The kit has arrived in WH6 land!

Mahalo Nui Loa to all who brought it back and put it together for others to enjoy!

73s,

John WH6DQU 


Re: Bayou Jumper kit

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Hello Gary
Sorry for your troubles.
After you get the coil moved, look for the oblivious stuff, missed joint, part in the wrong hole etc.

Then run the numbers on the voltage chart in the manual.
I replied with the sub group for bayou jumpers in my email.
Join up with it please.
It’s a sub group of the club.
We can give you one on one help 
Over there.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 


On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 4:27 PM Gary E. Kohtala via groups.io <gary.k7ek=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I finished my kit but ran into problems with the receiver. All I get is Brother Stair's AM shortwave
broadcast blasting through. The audio becomes louder as I turn the Attenuator to the right. Regen does
nothing, nor does tuning. I must have goofed somewhere. I am going to remove the toroid and reinstall it
on the bottom vice the top of the board. Although it can go in either location, I found it very difficult
to adjust the turns spacing as installed. So I will step back, take a breath, and reinstall the toroid
on the bottom in a day or so. I've been a ham since 1967 and do not knowingly remember building and/or
using a regen type receiver. Now 54 years later I must digress and learn about them.. :-).

The transmitter on the other hand is quite amazing. It works very well and puts out a whopping signal.
I was quite amazed. I've been jumping between 7030 and 7122 calling CQ's from time to time while listening
on one of my big rigs. I'm getting responses and seeing posts on RBN with great signals, despite horrid
band conditions.

On a more positive note, I did manage to get the prescribed small wooden box at my local Hobby Lobby. It
was the last one. I was unsure whether or not the board would fit so I had to make a second trip with the
board to actually place it into the box. Bingo! Perfect. $9 and some change and I am all set. Now I just
need to get the receiver working.

Question:  Are additional crystal adaptor boards available? If so, from where and how much? I would like
to buy 5-6 more as I have a handful of additional crystals I'd like to use with the BJ 40.

Happy new year, and please stay safe...

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: Bayou Jumper kit

OwlCricker - K7ULM
 

On Ebay you can find a large number of FT-243 crystal bodies that you can put crystals into or even find a few in the right range if you are lucky.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dick Wendell - K7ULM
406-781-1333

If you don't know Morse Code,
You don't know dit.


On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 3:27 PM Gary E. Kohtala via groups.io <gary.k7ek=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

I finished my kit but ran into problems with the receiver. All I get is Brother Stair's AM shortwave
broadcast blasting through. The audio becomes louder as I turn the Attenuator to the right. Regen does
nothing, nor does tuning. I must have goofed somewhere. I am going to remove the toroid and reinstall it
on the bottom vice the top of the board. Although it can go in either location, I found it very difficult
to adjust the turns spacing as installed. So I will step back, take a breath, and reinstall the toroid
on the bottom in a day or so. I've been a ham since 1967 and do not knowingly remember building and/or
using a regen type receiver. Now 54 years later I must digress and learn about them.. :-).

The transmitter on the other hand is quite amazing. It works very well and puts out a whopping signal.
I was quite amazed. I've been jumping between 7030 and 7122 calling CQ's from time to time while listening
on one of my big rigs. I'm getting responses and seeing posts on RBN with great signals, despite horrid
band conditions.

On a more positive note, I did manage to get the prescribed small wooden box at my local Hobby Lobby. It
was the last one. I was unsure whether or not the board would fit so I had to make a second trip with the
board to actually place it into the box. Bingo! Perfect. $9 and some change and I am all set. Now I just
need to get the receiver working.

Question:  Are additional crystal adaptor boards available? If so, from where and how much? I would like
to buy 5-6 more as I have a handful of additional crystals I'd like to use with the BJ 40.

Happy new year, and please stay safe...

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK


Bayou Jumper kit

Gary E. Kohtala
 


I finished my kit but ran into problems with the receiver. All I get is Brother Stair's AM shortwave
broadcast blasting through. The audio becomes louder as I turn the Attenuator to the right. Regen does
nothing, nor does tuning. I must have goofed somewhere. I am going to remove the toroid and reinstall it
on the bottom vice the top of the board. Although it can go in either location, I found it very difficult
to adjust the turns spacing as installed. So I will step back, take a breath, and reinstall the toroid
on the bottom in a day or so. I've been a ham since 1967 and do not knowingly remember building and/or
using a regen type receiver. Now 54 years later I must digress and learn about them.. :-).

The transmitter on the other hand is quite amazing. It works very well and puts out a whopping signal.
I was quite amazed. I've been jumping between 7030 and 7122 calling CQ's from time to time while listening
on one of my big rigs. I'm getting responses and seeing posts on RBN with great signals, despite horrid
band conditions.

On a more positive note, I did manage to get the prescribed small wooden box at my local Hobby Lobby. It
was the last one. I was unsure whether or not the board would fit so I had to make a second trip with the
board to actually place it into the box. Bingo! Perfect. $9 and some change and I am all set. Now I just
need to get the receiver working.

Question:  Are additional crystal adaptor boards available? If so, from where and how much? I would like
to buy 5-6 more as I have a handful of additional crystals I'd like to use with the BJ 40.

Happy new year, and please stay safe...

Best regards,

Gary, K7EK


Re: Bayou Jumper Kit

John - KK4ITX
 

That is unfortunate knowing that earlier perhaps the kit could have been shipped in a box.

There is a HL 5 miles from me if you want to pick up the costs involved I’ll see if they are available.

If there are others in HI I would try for more boxes and that might help on shipping ?

John
KK4ITX 


🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

On Jan 24, 2021, at 4:04 PM, John Parker <parkjv1@...> wrote:


As it turns out, Hobby Lobby doesn’t ship the wood boxes to Hawaii, Alaska or FPO addresses.

:-(

John WH6DQU

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:59 PM John Parker via groups.io <parkjv1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Aloha All,

The kit has arrived in WH6 land!

Mahalo Nui Loa to all who brought it back and put it together for others to enjoy!

73s,

John WH6DQU 


Re: Bayou Jumper Kit

John Parker
 

As it turns out, Hobby Lobby doesn’t ship the wood boxes to Hawaii, Alaska or FPO addresses.

:-(

John WH6DQU

On Tue, Jan 5, 2021 at 12:59 PM John Parker via groups.io <parkjv1=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Aloha All,

The kit has arrived in WH6 land!

Mahalo Nui Loa to all who brought it back and put it together for others to enjoy!

73s,

John WH6DQU 


Re: Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Jim, N5IB
 

Also have the K2 parked on 7122 in the background while deep in a Dudley Pope novel.

BTW-- Paul... just posted out a QSL for our QSO on 2 Jan. That was one of the first with the revB beta BJ.

Jim, N5IB


Re: Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Paul Goemans
 

Darn,
At least I had QSOs with N9EGT and K7RMJ with my HB-1B!

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Sheldon
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 2:15 PM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Always happens. Got a phone call and I have had something come up.
I'll probably get on later this evening when conditions are better
anyway.

Sorry about that.

73,
Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Wayne Steury" <waynesteury@gmail.com>
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Sent: 1/22/2021 2:07:46 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

I will listen for you.

N9egt western Colorado 7.122

Wayne Steury

On Jan 22, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@cox.net> wrote:

Any 4 Stater with some free time? I'm looking for a QRP contact using my 40 meter QCX Mini (puts out 7 watts at the moment.) Right now I'm parked on 7.122 exactly and listening for anyone - calling CQ occasionally.

Jim, W0EB
4SQRP #44






Re: Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Wayne Steury
 

Yes. Maybe later. I am a QCX owner as well. I just made brief qso with wa9pwp but bad fading. I operate 7.110- 7.122

73’s N9egt

Wayne Steury IPhone

On Jan 22, 2021, at 1:15 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@cox.net> wrote:

Always happens. Got a phone call and I have had something come up.
I'll probably get on later this evening when conditions are better anyway.

Sorry about that.

73,
Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Wayne Steury" <waynesteury@gmail.com>
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Sent: 1/22/2021 2:07:46 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

I will listen for you.

N9egt western Colorado 7.122

Wayne Steury

On Jan 22, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@cox.net> wrote:

Any 4 Stater with some free time? I'm looking for a QRP contact using my 40 meter QCX Mini (puts out 7 watts at the moment.) Right now I'm parked on 7.122 exactly and listening for anyone - calling CQ occasionally.

Jim, W0EB
4SQRP #44














Re: Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Jim Sheldon
 

Always happens. Got a phone call and I have had something come up.
I'll probably get on later this evening when conditions are better anyway.

Sorry about that.

73,
Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Wayne Steury" <waynesteury@gmail.com>
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Sent: 1/22/2021 2:07:46 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

I will listen for you.

N9egt western Colorado 7.122

Wayne Steury

On Jan 22, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@cox.net> wrote:

Any 4 Stater with some free time? I'm looking for a QRP contact using my 40 meter QCX Mini (puts out 7 watts at the moment.) Right now I'm parked on 7.122 exactly and listening for anyone - calling CQ occasionally.

Jim, W0EB
4SQRP #44






Re: Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Wayne Steury
 

I will listen for you.

N9egt western Colorado 7.122

Wayne Steury

On Jan 22, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@cox.net> wrote:

Any 4 Stater with some free time? I'm looking for a QRP contact using my 40 meter QCX Mini (puts out 7 watts at the moment.) Right now I'm parked on 7.122 exactly and listening for anyone - calling CQ occasionally.

Jim, W0EB
4SQRP #44






Listening on 7.122 with a QCX Mini

Jim Sheldon
 

Any 4 Stater with some free time? I'm looking for a QRP contact using my 40 meter QCX Mini (puts out 7 watts at the moment.) Right now I'm parked on 7.122 exactly and listening for anyone - calling CQ occasionally.

Jim, W0EB
4SQRP #44


40 and 80 Meter nets

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Good Mornign Group 
I'm sorry for missing the nets!
We were busy and ate supper late, and the easy chair grabbed me! 
Next Thing I knew i heard Bert sign on to the DMR nets. 
I will try harder next weel! 
72 
Johnny AC0BQ

--
QRP....."More smiles per Watt"
72
JOHNNY AC0BQ  ..



Interesting correspondence from QST

Dr Jim Kennedy
 

Food for thought in correspondence in Feb. QST
--
*72/73, Doc - K2PHD
OOTC#4697 - SKCC#5669 - NAQCC#9194 - FISTS#18988 - 4SQRP# 1522
OEM/RACES/ARES/CERT/SKYWARN
K2PHD@...
FN20qv*


Re: Ozarkcon 2021

Curt
 

Well when we went to Atlanticon they charged admission but handed or shipped everyone a club kit, taking place of a group build. Instead of shipping door prizes, if the usual merchants offered a modest discount code to attendees they might get a lot of business.  just wild ideas,  think practical. 

73 curt


DELTA MIKE ROMEO NET

Robert
 

GOOD EVENING - GOOD NET TONIGHT

WG5F ED
KU5M JOE
AC0BQ JOHNNY
N4ELM DAVE
N0MII JEFF
WA9BNZ BILL
K0BOG CHUCK
KB4QNR BOBBY

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED

73'S

BERT
N0YJ


Re: Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 01/20/2021 #cal-notice

John - KK4ITX
 

Not much on 40m here tonight, not too much noise but no signals either.  Put out my Call just for kicks around 9:18 EST but no response.

See ya next week,

John
KK4ITX 

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On Jan 20, 2021, at 21:00, main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@groups.io> wrote:

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 20 January 2021
20:00 to 21:00
(GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

Description:
The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.


Re: Ozarkcon 2021

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Thanks Curt
We’re shooting for 6 or 8 speakers time for questions, (limited).

Walter K5EST, Rick KOPET and Larry N0SA  are working on the Wackey Key Online event, Tom N2UHC 
Is working with them on the Home Brew Contest.

Lots of good Stuff in the works, you won’t want to miss it.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 



On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 8:21 PM Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Johnny

this is a fantastic idea to use technology to gather us together.  I watched many of the recorded GQRP presentations - they were indeed presented live -- and a moderator (they may have used a different one for each presentation) took questions at the end - they spent a lot of time with dialog. 

if you make it too fancy it may fail -  so go simple with the approach.  something like zoom allows everyone but the presenter to be muted (great idea!) and then use the chat window to take questions.  if audience is well-behaved then consider unmuting everyone after the presentation. 

somehow offering an open house to let folk interact is a nice touch, but format needs some thought. 

while you all will miss being in Branson live -- its a long trip from the east or west coast. 

73 Curt wb8yyy

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: Ozarkcon 2021

Curt
 

Johnny

this is a fantastic idea to use technology to gather us together.  I watched many of the recorded GQRP presentations - they were indeed presented live -- and a moderator (they may have used a different one for each presentation) took questions at the end - they spent a lot of time with dialog. 

if you make it too fancy it may fail -  so go simple with the approach.  something like zoom allows everyone but the presenter to be muted (great idea!) and then use the chat window to take questions.  if audience is well-behaved then consider unmuting everyone after the presentation. 

somehow offering an open house to let folk interact is a nice touch, but format needs some thought. 

while you all will miss being in Branson live -- its a long trip from the east or west coast. 

73 Curt wb8yyy


Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 01/20/2021 #cal-notice

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 20 January 2021
20:00 to 21:00
(GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

Description:
The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.

1961 - 1980 of 25533