Date   

Re: pr on 7122

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Hello Terry
Well it think its the s8 noise level.
I could tell that you were sending, but the condx here the same on my 817!
I think your on freq though!!
We will make it soon 
72
Johnny AC0BQ


On Saturday, May 25, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:
 

Tnx for calling Johnny,

cant quite pull you out of the noise, sri. I dont have the rcvr peaked yet so
that may be the problem.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


pr on 7122

WA0ITP
 

Tnx for calling Johnny,

cant quite pull you out of the noise, sri. I dont have the rcvr peaked yet so
that may be the problem.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


Re: PigRgi on 7122

WA0ITP
 


yes trying ti work Johnny, ,gimmee a call. tnx'
 
 
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
 
 
 

----- Original Message -----
From: w2bpi1@...
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:55 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] PigRgi on 7122

Are you still there?  Geo/W2BPI
 
 
In a message dated 5/25/2013 9:25:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wa0itp@... writes:
 

Anyone about tonight for a signal check?

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


Re: PigRgi on 7122

George H. Gates
 

Are you still there?  Geo/W2BPI
 
 

In a message dated 5/25/2013 9:25:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wa0itp@... writes:
 

Anyone about tonight for a signal check?

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


PigRgi on 7122

WA0ITP
 

Anyone about tonight for a signal check?

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


Re: WX

WA0ITP
 

Sounds great Norm!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Lee" <marjannorm@gmail.com>
To: <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:40 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Re: WX


| Great wx here, just going for a stroll along the beach......eatcha heart out!
| Kind regards and stay dry
| Norm vk5gi
| Willunga, South Australia
|
| Sent from my iPad
|
|
| ------------------------------------
|
| 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| OzarkCon is coming April 4-5, 2014 in Branson, MO
| View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo! Groups Links
|
|
|


Re: WX

marjannorm
 

Great wx here, just going for a stroll along the beach......eatcha heart out!
Kind regards and stay dry
Norm vk5gi
Willunga, South Australia

Sent from my iPad


Field Day June 22, June 23

Robert
 

I have reserved two camp sites,. site #29 and #32 for this years field day. Johnny AC0BQ, and Terry WA0ITP, and I have operated field day from Weston Bend State Park for the last 2 years. It is a great place to play radio, I hope to have a good outing this year as well.

Directions to the park:

Take I-29 to Exit 20/Weston/Leavenworth and Atchison, Kan. Take Hwy. 273 west toward Weston. At the intersection of Hwy. 273 and Hwy. 45, turn south. The state park entrance is one half mile on the west side.

The two sites will be good for at least 4 tents, and two campers.

Come and join Johnny and I, and hopefully Terry this year. The more the better. I know that Johnny has purchased a screen room, and I think Terry has also, that will keep the bugs at bay, for some night time operating.

If no one objects we could use the club call, or I have reserved the special event call of K0N, if we want to use that.

Only thing for sure at this point is the campsites are reserved, and that we have fun.....

72's
Bert
N0YJ


7122 Crystals Mailed

WA0ITP
 

I mailed 25 sets of the 7122 crystals this morning to those who have paid so
far. Forty more sets to go. If you haven't paid for yours, pse use the Paypal
button at http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig_7122__crystal_deal.html

Cash or check are good also. I'd like to get these out to you and off my mind
asap.

Thank you
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


Cyclone

WA0ITP
 

Tom and all,
 
Thank you for your interest.
 
The Cyclone hasn't been released for general sales yet. We're working vy hard to bag up enough kits to make the announcement. Hopefully we can do that next week sometme.
 
There is no waiting list, In the release announcement I'll include a link to the kit's home page when a Paypal button will be available.
---------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
 
 
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] 7122 Crystal Deal and Cyclone

Hi Guys,
 
I can't find a way to communicate directly with Dave, and I am really interested in his new Cyclone 40. 
 
Can you help me get in touch with him or just let me know how I can get on the waiting list for this little fella?
 
73,
 
Tom - NG3V
 
 
4SQRP 640


On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
 

The 7122 PigRig crystals and sockets are now almost available and can be
purchased at http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig_7122__crystal_deal.html There is
also a link on http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig.html You will receive 4 matched
crystals and one SIPP socket strip.

It will take me a few days to begin bagging them, but they're almost ready to
mail. Many thanks to Diz for sorting and matching the crystals. This purpose
of this group buy was to provide pigrig owners a way to check into Wayne's net
and participate in club qso's on 7122. I have more sets than needed so when the
original requestors sets are mailed, I'll announce the remaining qty in case
others would like a set also.

On a different but related note, Dave's new Cyclone 40 sold well at FDIM and
received much interest. Thanks to strong last minute efforts by Dave and Dan,
KB9JLO, we had 21 kits to sell at the club table on vendor and and club nights
(Thurs and Fri). As soon as Dan can catch up and kit more of them, sales will
be opened up and an announcment made on the reflector. If you was Dave's
presentation at Ocon, you know that this is an exciting and innovative design.
It received many oohs and ahhs from expert perusers at FDIM. Look for it to be
availble fpor general sales in a few weeks. The Cyclone tunes the whole 125 kc
segment of the 40M band, covering the lower QRP freq and DX watering holes, as
well as 7122 for club activities.

Good stuff going on at Four State, stay tuned ...
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com



Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Wayne Dillon
 

I use both with my FT920 (at 5 Watts). Great fun
Wayne - KC0PMH


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Scotty Long <nu0s@...> wrote:
 

Don't need more than 5w with digital anyway it just wipes out the waterfall...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS



Scotty Long <nu0s@...> wrote:

 

I like Digipan works great with my Yaesu ft817nd and the rig blaster plug n play...I would use it on my ft950 if I could figure the menus out...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS



Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

 

Really excellent downloadable manual too.
Wayne.


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
 

Gm Phil
I agree with wayne
Seems like FL digi is good for me too.
A little learning curve, but not bad!
GL
Johnny AC0BQ


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.





--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Scotty Long <nu0s@...>
 

Don't need more than 5w with digital anyway it just wipes out the waterfall...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS



Scotty Long wrote:

 

I like Digipan works great with my Yaesu ft817nd and the rig blaster plug n play...I would use it on my ft950 if I could figure the menus out...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS



Wayne Dillon wrote:

 

Really excellent downloadable manual too.
Wayne.


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
 

Gm Phil
I agree with wayne
Seems like FL digi is good for me too.
A little learning curve, but not bad!
GL
Johnny AC0BQ


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.





--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Scotty Long <nu0s@...>
 

I like Digipan works great with my Yaesu ft817nd and the rig blaster plug n play...I would use it on my ft950 if I could figure the menus out...

72/73/Scotty/NUØS



Wayne Dillon wrote:

 

Really excellent downloadable manual too.
Wayne.


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
 

Gm Phil
I agree with wayne
Seems like FL digi is good for me too.
A little learning curve, but not bad!
GL
Johnny AC0BQ


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.





--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: 7122 Crystal Deal and Cyclone

Tom - NG3V
 

Hi Guys,
 
I can't find a way to communicate directly with Dave, and I am really interested in his new Cyclone 40. 
 
Can you help me get in touch with him or just let me know how I can get on the waiting list for this little fella?
 
73,
 
Tom - NG3V
 
 
4SQRP 640


On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
 

The 7122 PigRig crystals and sockets are now almost available and can be
purchased at http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig_7122__crystal_deal.html There is
also a link on http://www.wa0itp.com/pigrig.html You will receive 4 matched
crystals and one SIPP socket strip.

It will take me a few days to begin bagging them, but they're almost ready to
mail. Many thanks to Diz for sorting and matching the crystals. This purpose
of this group buy was to provide pigrig owners a way to check into Wayne's net
and participate in club qso's on 7122. I have more sets than needed so when the
original requestors sets are mailed, I'll announce the remaining qty in case
others would like a set also.

On a different but related note, Dave's new Cyclone 40 sold well at FDIM and
received much interest. Thanks to strong last minute efforts by Dave and Dan,
KB9JLO, we had 21 kits to sell at the club table on vendor and and club nights
(Thurs and Fri). As soon as Dan can catch up and kit more of them, sales will
be opened up and an announcment made on the reflector. If you was Dave's
presentation at Ocon, you know that this is an exciting and innovative design.
It received many oohs and ahhs from expert perusers at FDIM. Look for it to be
availble fpor general sales in a few weeks. The Cyclone tunes the whole 125 kc
segment of the 40M band, covering the lower QRP freq and DX watering holes, as
well as 7122 for club activities.

Good stuff going on at Four State, stay tuned ...
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com



Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Wayne Dillon
 

Really excellent downloadable manual too.
Wayne.


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:
 

Gm Phil
I agree with wayne
Seems like FL digi is good for me too.
A little learning curve, but not bad!
GL
Johnny AC0BQ


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.





--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Gm Phil
I agree with wayne
Seems like FL digi is good for me too.
A little learning curve, but not bad!
GL
Johnny AC0BQ


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.



Re: WX

Wayne Dillon
 

Sunny and 76 here in the SE corner of KS
72/3 es God Bless all, have a grand weekend
Wayne - KC0PMH


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 8:51 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:
 

Raining cats and dogs here this morning. An inch in the last 20 minutes, its a
real toad strangler. It's safe to say the drought is over in SEIA.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: digital modes, such as PSK

Wayne Dillon
 

I.m using DigiPan or FLdigi, both are excellent. I like FLdigi because it makes available a 1KHz tone on 1 channel which can "decoded" and used to operate the PTT.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH


On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Phil Anderson <aldenmcduffie@...> wrote:
 

Chuck etal...  While I'm concentrating on CW and playing a bit with QRQ... I'm thinking it might be fun to get back into
the digital modes, RTTY, PSK, etc too.

What is the main software program most are using? I'm running system 7 on an OPTIPLEX 7010 DELL but could reconfigure my older computer, an XPS-420 DELL specifically for the ham station. Neither computer has a serial port (but guessing that is old hat....been many years since I've been on a digital mode) but have many extra USBs. 72 Uncle Phil, W0XI.




--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.
 
QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 
 
I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17
 

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192


Re: WX

Donald Kelly
 

It sunny and about 75F in OKC. Still drying out. Severe WX returning next week.

 

I still can’t get to my brother’s house in Moore, OK without a long walk or bike ride.

 

I could probably get there but I don’t want to add to the thousands of thoughtless sightseers causing problems.

 

Hope everyone has a safe weekend.

 

I actually have most of the weekend free for radio stuff!

 

73 K5UOS

 

 

From: 4sqrp@... [mailto:4sqrp@...] On Behalf Of WA0ITP
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:51 AM
To: 4sqrp@...
Subject: [4sqrp] WX

 

 

Raining cats and dogs here this morning. An inch in the last 20 minutes, its a
real toad strangler. It's safe to say the drought is over in SEIA.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com


Re: WX

kb4qqj
 

Hate that. Perfect day for portable ops in NC today. Clear Blue sky, 72 light wind. I plan to make the best of it before the summer gets here...LOL
 
Keep your Powd..uhh....rigs dry,
Randy_KB4QQJ
 

In a message dated 5/25/2013 9:50:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, wa0itp@... writes:
 

Raining cats and dogs here this morning. An inch in the last 20 minutes, its a
real toad strangler. It's safe to say the drought is over in SEIA.

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com