Date   

Definition of the Group

WA0ITP
 

"a bunch of friends sitting around the kitchen table
drinking a beverage and swapping stories."

Perhaps the best definition of the Group ever written.

Thanks Tim.
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WA�ITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim McDonough N9PUZ" <tim.n9puz@gmail.com>
To: <4sqrp@yahoogroups.com>; "Julio Jimenez" <ak4vl.qrp@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:04 AM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Re: New to Group


| On 3/19/2013 8:44 PM, Julio Jimenez wrote:
| > Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm usually gun-shy when replying to
| > ham-list threads. Not particularly keen to standing in front of
| > flamethrowers :-). I feel that I will be able to participate in good
| > conversation here, and still keep my eyebrows.
|
| Julio,
|
| No need to worry about flamethrowers here. 4SQRP is a very friendly
| group. Kind of like a bunch of friends sitting around the kitchen table
| drinking a beverage and swapping stories.
|
| 73,
|
| Tim N9PUZ
| 4SQRP Moderator
|
|
|
| ------------------------------------
|
| 4SQRP Website: http://4sqrp.com
| OzarkCon is coming April 5-6 in Branson, MO
| View Details at http://www.ozarkcon.com/index.phpYahoo! Groups Links
|
|
|


Re: Picture of the Woody / WD9F Station

Hajo Dezelski <dl1sdz@...>
 

Hello,

as promised I wrote a little post on my blog:

to attract some other hams to join the 4SQRP-Group. Although I must admit that I was too late to drigger the 600st member of the group.
I posted it also on Google+ in the two big amateur radio communities.

Have fun
es 72 de

Hajo (DL1SDZ)

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/


On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Hajo Dezelski <dl1sdz@...> wrote:

Thanks Terry and Woody,

I will give a short notice when it's done.
Woody 43 states that's great.

72 de
Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/

Am 20.03.2013 03:18 schrieb "Woody Hester" <fghester@...>:

Hi Hajo and Terry! A. O.K. To use the picture Hajo. I just worked my 43rd state with it! / Woody / WD9F

sent via mobile mail

On Mar 19, 2013, at 21:09, "WA0ITP" <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Hell Hajo,
 
Certainly it's fine from the club's viewpoint and I'm sure it will be fine with Woody also.  I'm copying him to make sure he is aware of your request.
 
Thank you, we appreciate the mention of us in your blog.
 
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com
 
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:02 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Picture of the Woody / WD9F Station



Hello,

I want to raise the number to 600 and decided to write in my blog an article about the 4SQRP Club. And I found the station picture http://www.4sqrp.com/fsqrp_station.php really intriguing. So my question: Can I use this picture of course with the appropriate copyright reference to stimulate some new friends?

72 de
Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/




Re: New to Group

Tim N9PUZ
 

On 3/19/2013 8:44 PM, Julio Jimenez wrote:
Thanks for the welcome guys! I'm usually gun-shy when replying to
ham-list threads. Not particularly keen to standing in front of
flamethrowers :-). I feel that I will be able to participate in good
conversation here, and still keep my eyebrows.
Julio,

No need to worry about flamethrowers here. 4SQRP is a very friendly group. Kind of like a bunch of friends sitting around the kitchen table drinking a beverage and swapping stories.

73,

Tim N9PUZ
4SQRP Moderator


Re: Holy Cow !!

Frank Murphy
 


I didn't see my call in the list   KJ6LOV

Frank


On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 1:38 PM, David Martin <davemrtn@...> wrote:
Your welcome, but you'll have answer to Terry for the number dropping back to 599 !!  hi hi

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
Thanks for the quick work.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...; davemrtn@...; John Taylor
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 3:26:15 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!

John,

Thanks for the heads-up.   The duplicate was removed.

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
It still has me "K0QH" listed twice. I'm 110 & 339. Number 339 should go away.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 1:14:10 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!
Somebody has been busy....

I just noticed the member list hit 600 !!!

http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php


--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.


QRO is OK too

KD4OBQ
 

To me there is nothing more gratifying than working other QRO stations while I am QRP. I never advertise I am QRP until you exchange your station brag. Once they find out you are running 1 or 2 watts or even less they will do what ever they can to finish out the QSO and sometimes it is hard to get rid of them and move on but that's OK too. I can safely say 98 percent or more of my contacts are QRO stations and if it wasn't for them we probably would have lost the CW portion a long time ago.

I'll have to go along with Wayne as technique makes all the difference in the world.

Last night was one of those good nights as I made 10 or so contacts on 40 working from an IC-7800 to a DX-20 then worked a gent with a IC-7200 which was 78 years old and has held a ticked longer than I have been alive. He was so thrilled I was running 1 watt with such a strong signal and complemented on how easy my fist was to copy as I was using a straight key as he was. I mentioned my key was home brew and he was using a J-48. Got an email from him this morning as he really enjoyed our QSO and read my QRZ page and enjoyed it very much as well. Also the DX-20 gent I have worked twice before in the past.

I Have not worked any DX since I have lived at my current QTH going on 6 years and am not bothered at all by it. Sure it is fun like going to Southern England but there is so much to do and see in my own back yard. It's just like travelling as everyone wants to travel the world but there is so much to see here in my own country. When you least expect it is when DX is the most fun.

QRO is OK by me
Pat KD4OBQ

AR


Re: QRP till death do you part?

Nick-WA5BDU
 

My answer is that I'd try to get the new country at 100 watts or whatever. But it's surely going to vary with the individual and what goals he's set for himself DX-wise, QRP-wise and so on.

I did have fun working 41 countries QRP in the recent ARRL DX test using 5 watts to a 66 foot end fed wire.

72-

Nick, WA5BDU


Re: New to Group

Julio Jimenez
 

Thanks for the welcome guys!  I'm usually gun-shy when replying to ham-list threads.  Not particularly keen to standing in front of flamethrowers :-).  I feel that I will be able to participate in good conversation here, and still keep my eyebrows.

Speaking of HAMjitsu, this project started as a tool to help the Flying Pigs find other piggies for the Worked All Pigs ongoing contest.  Well, it has snowballed into a web application covering 6 major clubs.  I must note that it wouldn't have been possible without the great minds behind the Reverse Beacon Network.

I hope y'all enjoy it.  

72
Julio



On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Johnny Matlock wrote:
 


Hello Julio.
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for all of you your efforts with the spotting program.
Please feel free to join in with the group at any time.
72
Johnny AC0BQ


On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:
 

Hello Julio,
 
Welcome aboard we're happy to have you in the Group.  Thank you for including us on your spotting page.  Folks, in case you dont know, Julio provides http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp  check it out.
 
Thanks agn for joining Julio, 72 es welcome.
 
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Julio Jimenez
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Re: New to Group

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner.  It IS the friendly one :-)

VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez
#611
http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
 

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)


Re: New to Group

Barney <barneyro@...>
 

Hi Julio, vy welcome to the 4SQRP bunch and thanks for the ham.jit.su too...I know you know all about this little bunch....

72/73

Barney


On 3/19/2013 5:44 PM, Julio Jimenez wrote:
�

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner. �It IS the friendly one :-)


VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez
#611
http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
�

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)



New to Group

Johnny AC0BQ
 


Hello Julio.
Welcome aboard.
Thanks for all of you your efforts with the spotting program.
Please feel free to join in with the group at any time.
72
Johnny AC0BQ


On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:
 

Hello Julio,
 
Welcome aboard we're happy to have you in the Group.  Thank you for including us on your spotting page.  Folks, in case you dont know, Julio provides http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp  check it out.
 
Thanks agn for joining Julio, 72 es welcome.
 
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com
 
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Julio Jimenez
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Re: New to Group

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner.  It IS the friendly one :-)

VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez
#611
http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
 

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)


Share a room at OzarkCon ?

Bob Nelson
 

Anyone interested in this?  I've never been there before, and the room
expense is significant.  If sharing a room is practical, and you would
be interested, please let me know.  Especially someone who has been
there before, and knows the ropes.

73 - Bob, K6KL  (in ND)


Re: New to Group

W0IIT
 

Hey Julio,

Welcome to the 4SqrpGroup. Fine bunch of folks here with a lot of knowledge and they love to share their knowledge. It is always great to add a new member that can broaden that knowledge base and make are club even more helpful for the QRP community!!

Jump right in!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)


Re: New to Group

WA0ITP
 

Hello Julio,
 
Welcome aboard we're happy to have you in the Group.  Thank you for including us on your spotting page.  Folks, in case you dont know, Julio provides http://ham.jit.su/fsqrp  check it out.
 
Thanks agn for joining Julio, 72 es welcome.
 
----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72   WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com
 
 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Re: New to Group

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner.  It IS the friendly one :-)

VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez
#611
http://ham.jit.su

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
 

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)


Re: Members IE search

Timothy-Allen Albertson <kd0oia@...>
 

in Ubuntu Firefox it opens one at the bottom
--
72/73 TIM ALBERTSON KDOIA (ex KG6IRH)


On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Chuck Carpenter <w5usj@...> wrote:
 

With IE, a ctrl+f will open a search window at the top of the page

Chuck Carpenter, W5USJ
EM22cv, Rains Co. TX



Re: 600 Members

Johnny AC0BQ
 

All right!
All the chatter got Er Done!!!
Welcome to all the new members.
72
Johnny AC0BQ


On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:
 

YEA!!! Thank You!! Wotta Group!

----------------------------------
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.wa0itp.com
www.4sqrp.com
www.qrpspots.com


Re: New to Group

Julio Jimenez
 

Not sure why I didn't join this group sooner.  It IS the friendly one :-)

VY 72 DE AK4VL
Julio Jimenez
#611

On Tuesday, March 19, 2013, Bart Lawson wrote:
 

Mike,

Another welcome note!! You will fit right in to this bunch!! Don't be a lurker jump right in with questions, answers, suggestions, etc.!!

I checked out your QRZ site and got hooked on the watch making videos. OMG, it made me nervous and jittery just to watch!! Any watch maker or repairer would be a natural at ham radio home brewing and trouble shooting!

Again, welcome!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)


Re: Holy Cow !!

gary_w5rej <gary.w5rej@...>
 

David,

I just ran a "dupe" on the list. It looks clean now.

Gary/w5rej

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, "David Martin" <davemrtn@...> wrote:



John,

Thanks for the heads-up. The duplicate was removed.
--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.

Quoting John Taylor :
It still has me "K0QH" listed twice. I'm 110 & 339. Number 339 should go away.
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com

-------------------------
From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 1:14:10 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!
Somebody has been busy....

I just noticed the member list hit 600 !!!

http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.


Re: Holy Cow !!

John Lonigro
 

As a QRP club, maybe we should limit the membership to 579 (hi).

John AA0VE

On 03/19/2013 03:38 PM, David Martin wrote:
Your welcome, but you'll have answer to Terry for the number dropping back to 599 !!  hi hi

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
Thanks for the quick work.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...; davemrtn@...; John Taylor
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 3:26:15 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!

John,

Thanks for the heads-up.   The duplicate was removed.

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
It still has me "K0QH" listed twice. I'm 110 & 339. Number 339 should go away.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 1:14:10 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!
Somebody has been busy....

I just noticed the member list hit 600 !!!

http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php


--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.


Picture of the Woody / WD9F Station

Hajo Dezelski <dl1sdz@...>
 

Hello,

I want to raise the number to 600 and decided to write in my blog an article about the 4SQRP Club. And I found the station picture http://www.4sqrp.com/fsqrp_station.php really intriguing. So my question: Can I use this picture of course with the appropriate copyright reference to stimulate some new friends?

72 de
Hajo

---
... indessen wandelt harmlos droben das Gestirn
... http://hajos-kontrapunkte.blogspot.com/


Re: Holy Cow !!

John Taylor <k0qh@...>
 

Well, as I wrote last night. I had a senior moment a while back.
Thanks
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...; davemrtn@...; John Taylor
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 3:39:04 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!

Your welcome, but you'll have answer to Terry for the number dropping back to 599 !!  hi hi

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
Thanks for the quick work.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...; davemrtn@...; John Taylor
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 3:26:15 PM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!

John,

Thanks for the heads-up.   The duplicate was removed.

--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.



Quoting John Taylor :
It still has me "K0QH" listed twice. I'm 110 & 339. Number 339 should go away.
 
John Taylor,K0QH
PB #174
SLQS
4SQRP
www.stgdxcc.webs.com



From: David Martin
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Tue, March 19, 2013 1:14:10 PM
Subject: [4sqrp] Holy Cow !!
Somebody has been busy....

I just noticed the member list hit 600 !!!

http://www.4sqrp.com/w25.php


--
David Martin - K5DCM - Mountain Home Ar.


Re: Holy Cow !!

davemrtn