Date   

Re: Field Day Reports

Dave Benson
 

Guys-

Hope to hear and work you both this weekend!

The tent thing fell through. The tent itself was fine, but the rain fly (never used before) isn't big enough.   I'm now set up in the cabin and the antennas are good to go. Worked a few on 40 and 15M.  I usually give 80M only brief attention, but this time I've got the height for a quarter-wave vertical. We'll see.  I plan to hook up the 4SQRP Hilltoppers for old time's sake and work a few.

Best of luck to all-  let's see what this challenging year brings!

73-  Dave, K1SWL


On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 9:44 AM Larry Makoski <w2ljqrp@...> wrote:
I'll be 1E NNJ.

Setting up in the back yard with the PAR END FEDZ for the daytime. Too close to the house to be considered 1B.
The set up will be the KX3 attached to my deep cycle battery, which in turn will be connected to my Harbor Freight solar panel.

For the night time, I'll transfer the KX3 down to the shack and use my permanent wires for 80 and 160 Meters. When those bands peter out, I'll hit the sack. No full 24 hours for W2LJ this year - not with a comfortable mattress so close!

Larry W2LJ

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:39 AM Nick WA5BDU <kennnick@...> wrote:
I'm doing something similar - putting up my screen house and a temporary antenna in the backyard. A sane person might ask - Why not just stay in the house?  But camping in the back yard awakens the ten year old boy in me. Plus I've invested in that screen house and that generator so why not use 'em?

My faith is not strong enough to go with QRP though. But I know a lot of people will make 100s of QSOs as QRP.

I've been K5PXP on FD most of the past 30 years or so. This year I'll be WA5BDU.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU 1B AR



On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns
QRP Banner Editor


Re: Field Day Reports

Larry Makoski
 

I'll be 1E NNJ.

Setting up in the back yard with the PAR END FEDZ for the daytime. Too close to the house to be considered 1B.
The set up will be the KX3 attached to my deep cycle battery, which in turn will be connected to my Harbor Freight solar panel.

For the night time, I'll transfer the KX3 down to the shack and use my permanent wires for 80 and 160 Meters. When those bands peter out, I'll hit the sack. No full 24 hours for W2LJ this year - not with a comfortable mattress so close!

Larry W2LJ

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 8:39 AM Nick WA5BDU <kennnick@...> wrote:
I'm doing something similar - putting up my screen house and a temporary antenna in the backyard. A sane person might ask - Why not just stay in the house?  But camping in the back yard awakens the ten year old boy in me. Plus I've invested in that screen house and that generator so why not use 'em?

My faith is not strong enough to go with QRP though. But I know a lot of people will make 100s of QSOs as QRP.

I've been K5PXP on FD most of the past 30 years or so. This year I'll be WA5BDU.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU 1B AR



On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns
QRP Banner Editor


Re: Field Day Reports

Nick WA5BDU <kennnick@...>
 

I'm doing something similar - putting up my screen house and a temporary antenna in the backyard. A sane person might ask - Why not just stay in the house?  But camping in the back yard awakens the ten year old boy in me. Plus I've invested in that screen house and that generator so why not use 'em?

My faith is not strong enough to go with QRP though. But I know a lot of people will make 100s of QSOs as QRP.

I've been K5PXP on FD most of the past 30 years or so. This year I'll be WA5BDU.

73,

Nick, WA5BDU 1B AR



On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 5:47 AM Dave Benson <davek1swl@...> wrote:
Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns
QRP Banner Editor


Re: FS EZKeyer III

David Wilcox
 

I also have one for sale among other things. I have the first version as a kit unbuilt and I also have the III version built.  What a hoot but too many keys, too many keyers, too many kits.  Need to make room for more.  

Please contact me at Djwilcox01@....  

See list appended also for other things.



David J. Wilcox K8WPE’s iPad

On Jun 25, 2020, at 2:33 PM, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:


Bobby,
  I will remove the batteries as I don’t want them to come loose in shipping and cause problems!
The manual is on the 4SQRP web page with documentation for the kit. OK?
 
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

 
 
From: Bobby Rolph via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:19 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] FS EZKeyer III
 
I will take it if it is still for sale Paul. 73 Oh yeah send me your PayPal address.
Bobby Rolph
Kb4qnr



Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:27 AM, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

Hello gang,
  Selling my EZKeyer III that I built. Picture below is the actual unit. Set up with internal AAA x 3 cell holder power, onboard piezo sidetone. Works like a champ, but after some recent shack changes, I no longer need it. Shipped to your US address for $40 check or PayPal.
 
 


Re: Field Day Reports

Dave Benson
 

Keith and multitudes-

Here's hoping there's decent activity levels. I'm guessing there'll be a lot more class-D and -E stations.

I've shot a line over a big pine-  it's up 65 feet and I'll use either a 20M vertical dipole or an inverted-Y for 40M. I'll put a screen tent up this morning in a shaded spot in our woods.  The weather will be an unknown- a  60% chance of T-storms both days. If need be, I can move to our small 'cabin'.   It'd be tempting to skip the tent and set up there instead, but that'll mean mosquitoes (Praise the Lord and pass the DEET!)

When I wrap up Field Day, I'm exhausted, bug-bitten and sunburned. You know- a complete success!  Best of luck to all, and hope to work you this weekend.

73- Dave, K1SWL
1B- Battery

On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 9:44 PM Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns
QRP Banner Editor


Field Day Reports

Keith Arns
 

This certainly going to be a strange year for FD.  Take a photo and / or write up a short paragraph and share your experiences with the 4State QRP Group.  It is always fun to see what others are doing. I will do a special FD issue of the QRP Banner.  Send your info to the link below.  Have fun and be safe.

editorqrpbanner@...

Regards,
KC0PP
Keith Arns
QRP Banner Editor


Re: FS EZKeyer III

Paul Goemans
 

Bobby,
  I will remove the batteries as I don’t want them to come loose in shipping and cause problems!
The manual is on the 4SQRP web page with documentation for the kit. OK?
 
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

 
 

From: Bobby Rolph via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2020 1:19 PM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] FS EZKeyer III
 
I will take it if it is still for sale Paul. 73 Oh yeah send me your PayPal address.
Bobby Rolph
Kb4qnr



Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:27 AM, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

Hello gang,
  Selling my EZKeyer III that I built. Picture below is the actual unit. Set up with internal AAA x 3 cell holder power, onboard piezo sidetone. Works like a champ, but after some recent shack changes, I no longer need it. Shipped to your US address for $40 check or PayPal.
 
 


Re: FS EZKeyer III

Bobby Rolph
 

I will take it if it is still for sale Paul. 73 Oh yeah send me your PayPal address.
Bobby Rolph
Kb4qnr

On Thursday, June 25, 2020, 10:27 AM, Paul Goemans <wa9pwp@...> wrote:

Hello gang,
  Selling my EZKeyer III that I built. Picture below is the actual unit. Set up with internal AAA x 3 cell holder power, onboard piezo sidetone. Works like a champ, but after some recent shack changes, I no longer need it. Shipped to your US address for $40 check or PayPal.
 
4SQRP EZ Keyer III
 
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI


Re: 40 AND 80 Meter Net Report

Richard West <rewest71@...>
 

Hi Johnny,

I was able to monitor some voices on the 40m net until the noise floor overcame them. The signal here into Central Valley, CA was at best a S 2-3, but couldn't identify any station callsigns. Figured a barefoot check-in wouldn't work well, and take up too much net time. Hopefully, the conditions will improve over time. Will investigate the D-Star or other avenues of digital communications, though prefer HF when, and if possible.

73,

Wes
KH2EE

On Jun 25, 2020, at 6:42 AM, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Correction:
I missed N4MJ Glenn
Sorry about that.
73
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 8:58 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ge Group 
Nice Net on 40, conditions were pretty good. 
Static crashes were about normal! 

Check in's were: 
 40 Meters
WI5H MIKE 
N4ELM DAVE 
WA9PWP PAUL 
W2SH CHAS 
KK5IB DARRYL 
N5IB JIM Rock Bound on the Bayou Jumper proto type.

80 Meters was terrible Noisy
Conditions were poor to say the least.

Check in's were: 
N0YJ BERT
WA9PWP PAUL, DOUBLE 
N4ELM DAVE  Pretty thin but I got a signal report! 

72 
Take Care, Stay Well. 
Johnny AC0BQ

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


FS EZKeyer III

Paul Goemans
 

Hello gang,
  Selling my EZKeyer III that I built. Picture below is the actual unit. Set up with internal AAA x 3 cell holder power, onboard piezo sidetone. Works like a champ, but after some recent shack changes, I no longer need it. Shipped to your US address for $40 check or PayPal.
 
4SQRP EZ Keyer III
 
Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI


Re: 40 AND 80 Meter Net Report

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Correction:
I missed N4MJ Glenn
Sorry about that.
73
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 8:58 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Ge Group 
Nice Net on 40, conditions were pretty good. 
Static crashes were about normal! 

Check in's were: 
 40 Meters
WI5H MIKE 
N4ELM DAVE 
WA9PWP PAUL 
W2SH CHAS 
KK5IB DARRYL 
N5IB JIM Rock Bound on the Bayou Jumper proto type.

80 Meters was terrible Noisy
Conditions were poor to say the least.

Check in's were: 
N0YJ BERT
WA9PWP PAUL, DOUBLE 
N4ELM DAVE  Pretty thin but I got a signal report! 

72 
Take Care, Stay Well. 
Johnny AC0BQ

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Delta Mike Romeo Net

Robert
 

Tonights net Checkins
AC0BQ JOHNNY
WG5F ED
N4ELM DAVE
KU5M JOE
K0BC GARY
KA4RUR FRED

THANKS FOR YOUR PARTICIPATION

73'S
BERT N0YJ


Re: 40 AND 80 Meter Net Report

Dave Redfearn
 

Thanks Johnny!

A lot of thunder crashes on 80 tonight and copy was pretty rough.

I was running my TAC-1 40 & 80 Meter radios tonight.
Used them last week too but when you did not respond back to me on 80, I checked the radio and realized it was transmitting off frequency.
I got it adjusted over the weekend and was glad to hear you come back to me tonight.

73 - Dave, N4ELM


40 AND 80 Meter Net Report

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Ge Group 
Nice Net on 40, conditions were pretty good. 
Static crashes were about normal! 

Check in's were: 
 40 Meters
WI5H MIKE 
N4ELM DAVE 
WA9PWP PAUL 
W2SH CHAS 
KK5IB DARRYL 
N5IB JIM Rock Bound on the Bayou Jumper proto type.

80 Meters was terrible Noisy
Conditions were poor to say the least.

Check in's were: 
N0YJ BERT
WA9PWP PAUL, DOUBLE 
N4ELM DAVE  Pretty thin but I got a signal report! 

72 
Take Care, Stay Well. 
Johnny AC0BQ


Re: Tonight’s CW Nets

w2sh@...
 

40m was a FB QNI.  On 80m I could hear Johnny and tell by his fist that it was him on 3564.07, but he wasn't copyable so  I didn't attempt a QNI. I think it was WA9PWP that announced his presence to be the first QNI.

80m is tough in the summer for a kilomile distance 4SQRP QSO.  However last night I QNI'd with ease the Michigan QRP net on 3535 kHz..  K8JRO, the NCS, was a rock solid 599 over a 500-mile path.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH


From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2020 20:15
To: 4sqrpio <4SQRP@groups.io>
Subject: [4SQRP] Tonight’s CW Nets
 
Ge group
We have some boomers about 50 miles west of us, I hope they aren’t too loud for me to hear you.
I will give it a try at 8:00 and we will see how it goes?
72
Johnny ACØBQ 
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

--
Charles Moizeau, W2SH


Re: Tonight’s CW Nets

Gwen Patton
 

I could hear activity, but couldn't get enough past the noise to get even a single call sign. So I just listened for a while, trying to pick things out.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
73,
Gwen, NG3P


On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 9:27 PM Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:
Got you Jim
I was running the Kx3 pretty wide and I usually keep RIT active.
The little rig was sounding good tonight.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 7:48 PM n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:
will try to check in on 40 m with the prototype Bayou Jumper... be sure to listen down a bit... my xtal is 7121.7

Jim, N5IB



--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Re: Tonight’s CW Nets

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Got you Jim
I was running the Kx3 pretty wide and I usually keep RIT active.
The little rig was sounding good tonight.
72
Johnny ACØBQ 

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 7:48 PM n5ib_2 <n5ib@...> wrote:
will try to check in on 40 m with the prototype Bayou Jumper... be sure to listen down a bit... my xtal is 7121.7

Jim, N5IB



--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com


Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 06/24/2020 #cal-notice

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>
 

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 24 June 2020
20:00 to 21:00
(GMT-05:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

Description:
The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS is WQ5RP/ACØBQ 

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 



The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operator is Johnny ACØBQ 

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0300 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NØYJ.


Re: Tonight’s CW Nets

Jim, N5IB
 

will try to check in on 40 m with the prototype Bayou Jumper... be sure to listen down a bit... my xtal is 7121.7

Jim, N5IB


Tonight’s CW Nets

Johnny AC0BQ
 

Ge group
We have some boomers about 50 miles west of us, I hope they aren’t too loud for me to hear you.
I will give it a try at 8:00 and we will see how it goes?
72
Johnny ACØBQ 
--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

1361 - 1380 of 23594