Date   
Re: TONIGHT'S DMR NET

Don, W9EBK
 

Sorry I didn't missed the DMR net, but haven't yet added that mode to the shack.  If the 2 meter CW idea gets traction I will suggest it also have AM, and preferably a built in memory keyer (arduino or similar) that will allow for modulated CW as well as true CW. That may sound like a strange request,  but AM modulated CW is the approved mode for international Amateur Radio Direction Finding (ARDF). Lack of cheap transmitters has been a big stumbling block to expanding the sport in the US. 
Thanks for the consideration,
Don, W9EBK 

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018, 9:51 PM Robert <e1dslr@... wrote:
ANOTHER GREAT NET

N9PUZ TIM

NK80 CHARLES

N0MII JEFF

K0WDO WILL

KV6Z BILL

AB0AH LARRY

W2NDG NEAL

N8DAH DAVE

W0MFQ TOM

K7EK RODNEY


Tonight's topic was " what radio kits or accessories would you like the
4SQRP group to design and kit"


There where multiple requests for a 5 watt 2 meter cw transceiver,
multiple requests for a plug and play digital transceiver. Other
suggestions a tube type transmitter and receiver, a high quality code
practice oscillator, a crystal radio, an antenna and tuner package that
was very portable,a 6 meter cw transceiver, to bring back the HF test
kit, an 80 and 30 meter hill topper variant, and last and probably least
a 60 meter cw rig.


Thanks again to all the check ins and suggestions

73's

N0YJ

Bert





Re: TONIGHT'S DMR NET

Tate Jackson N3BXZ
 

Sorry I missed the net.  I second the VHF cw transceivers and the digital transceiver.  If I can only pick one,  my vote is for the 2 meter cw rig.

ill try to make next week’s net

Tate
N3BXZ

Re: TONIGHT'S DMR NET

Johnny Matlock
 

Good Evening Group
I forwarded your kit ideas to the clubs think tank and got a positive reply from one of our designers on the 2 meter cw rig.
We will see how it plays out.
73
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Thu, Nov 29, 2018 at 11:39 AM Tate Jackson N3BXZ <Tate@...> wrote:
Sorry I missed the net.  I second the VHF cw transceivers and the digital transceiver.  If I can only pick one,  my vote is for the 2 meter cw rig.

ill try to make next week’s net

Tate
N3BXZ

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

QRP kits at Universal Radio

Tom Sevart
 

Universal Radio currently has several QRP kits for sale in their used list, including a 4SQRP HF test set, Magic box, NS-40, SAVXO kit, and a couple of SS-40 receivers.  Also some G-QRP kits.  The 4SQRP kits have pretty good prices, and I don't think those are available any more.

I beleive they came from an estate sale.

Website is universal-radio.com, click on the "used list" button.

Re: QRP kits at Universal Radio

 

Just picked up the hf test kit! thanks for the heads up.
--
David

  N8DAH

Kit-Projects.com

Shop now open!

 

4 QRPp for sale

Wayne Steury
 

If you need a stocking stuffer, I have four working QRPp transceivers I want to sell. $25 each with $5 priority postage to USA addresses.  Write me if interested. I have so many that I want to share them.  They work and have made contacts!

40 meter -  Rockmite w/ 2 frequencies 1/2 watt, 40 niner  400 milliwatts

80 meters - Cricket version 1,   Rockmite w/ 2 frequencies 1/2 watt


Wayne


--
Wayne F. Steury, N9EGT
Phone or text: 260-525-8933

4SQRP "On Air Activities" on web page

davemrtn
 

I don't know what the official status is of the Wednesday night DMR net, but is it time to add it to the list of Wednesday night on air activities with the info on participating in the net ?

I just got my DMR radio going and hope to began to participate starting this coming Wed.

I found what I needed to know about the DMR group/net on groups.io, but I thought we might want to make it easier for others, or at least to let others know it exists.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

Re: 4SQRP "On Air Activities" on web page

Johnny Matlock
 

Good Morning
David
We have a automatic reminder post that has the info several times before the Wednesday nets.

I will ask Ron to include the DMR info on the main web page.
73
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 10:17 PM davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

I don't know what the official status is of the Wednesday night DMR net, but is it time to add it to the list of Wednesday night on air activities with the info on participating in the net ?

I just got my DMR radio going and hope to began to participate starting this coming Wed.

I found what I needed to know about the DMR group/net on groups.io, but I thought we might want to make it easier for others, or at least to let others know it exists.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Re: 4SQRP "On Air Activities" on web page

Duane Brayton
 



Sent from TypeApp

On Dec 2, 2018, at 11:17 PM, davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

I don't know what the official status is of the Wednesday night DMR net, but is it time to add it to the list of Wednesday night on air activities with the info on participating in the net ?

I just got my DMR radio going and hope to began to participate starting this coming Wed.

I found what I needed to know about the DMR group/net on groups.io, but I thought we might want to make it easier for others, or at least to let others know it exists.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

Re: DMR Group

Jim Long
 

What is the color code for the DMR talkgroup for this channel?

Jim 
WW9H

Re: DMR Group

davemrtn
 

Good question, I assumed it is CC 1.

But that shows more info should be posted on the web site.

David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

On 12/3/2018 06:24, Jim Long wrote:
What is the color code for the DMR talkgroup for this channel?

Jim 
WW9H

Re: DMR Group

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII
 

Color Codes are analogous to PL tones on an analog FM repeater. 

As such, the 4 States Talk group doesn’t have a color code per se. If you access the 4S TG via a repeater, your code plug channel should have the appropriate color code set so the repeater will recognize your transmission and let you in. 

Hotspots typically are set up to use CC1. Again, this let’s you access your hot spot. Nothing specific to the talk group(s).



On Dec 3, 2018, at 11:50 AM, davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

Good question, I assumed it is CC 1.

But that shows more info should be posted on the web site.


On 12/3/2018 06:24, Jim Long wrote:
What is the color code for the DMR talkgroup for this channel?

--
Jeff N0̷MII

DMR wednesday

Stan
 

Randy N0KQG add the groups DMR TG to the 1st position in the N0KQG repeater in St. Charles.

It has about a 20-mile radius from the north side of St Charles. So anyone in st. charles or on the west side of st louis county should be able to log into the 4sqrp discussion on Wednesday evening.

Stan AK0B 



Re: DMR wednesday

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII
 

Great news Stan -- thanks!
By the way, the Color Code for that repeater is CC2 (per the web page):

http://n0kqg.com/dmr

Jeff N0̸MII

On Dec 3, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Stan via Groups.Io <w9ifz=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Randy N0KQG add the groups DMR TG to the 1st position in the N0KQG repeater in St. Charles.

It has about a 20-mile radius from the north side of St Charles. So anyone in st. charles or on the west side of st louis county should be able to log into the 4sqrp discussion on Wednesday evening.

Stan AK0B
--
Jeff N0̷MII

Re: DMR Group

Mike Heitmann
 

Hi Jim,

Color Codes and Time Slots are set by the repeater or hotspot owner, so we need a little more information: 

Are you trying to get in via a personal hotspot, or through a local repeater? 

The ZumSpot hotspots running Pi-Star are set to use Color Code 1, Timeslot 2 by default. Most people don't change that.

For repeaters, it depends on how the repeater owner set it up.

Mike, N0SO

Re: DMR wednesday

Mike Heitmann
 

Thanks Stan (and Randy)!

Mike, N0SO


On ‎Monday‎, ‎December‎ ‎03‎, ‎2018‎ ‎01‎:‎56‎:‎25‎ ‎PM‎ ‎CST, Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:


Great news Stan -- thanks!
By the way, the Color Code for that repeater is CC2 (per the web page):

  http://n0kqg.com/dmr

Jeff N0̸MII

> On Dec 3, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Stan via Groups.Io <w9ifz=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> Randy N0KQG add the groups DMR TG to the 1st position in the N0KQG repeater in St. Charles.
>
> It has about a 20-mile radius from the north side of St Charles. So anyone in st. charles or on the west side of st louis county should be able to log into the 4sqrp discussion on Wednesday evening.
>
> Stan AK0B



--
Jeff N0̷MII


Re: DMR Group

Frank Perkins
 

Hmmm . . . 
After all that is set up, and you have gained access through the repeater, and the correct channel code, and color code, and time slot, now you're down the correct hallway, select the correct chatroom door, you must know the correct door knock, password, and secret handshake!!
Phhht!
Frank

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 1:56 PM Mike Heitmann <n0so@... wrote:
Hi Jim,

Color Codes and Time Slots are set by the repeater or hotspot owner, so we need a little more information: 

Are you trying to get in via a personal hotspot, or through a local repeater? 

The ZumSpot hotspots running Pi-Star are set to use Color Code 1, Timeslot 2 by default. Most people don't change that.

For repeaters, it depends on how the repeater owner set it up.

Mike, N0SO

Re: DMR Group

Jeff Logullo N0̸MII
 

It's really not so bad. But like anything else in amateur radio, there's something new to learn if you want to give it a try.

It helps to have a friend get you started. If a buddy helps you set your new radio up, then talking with the rest of the 4-States gang is as easy as turning a knob to Channel 1, hitting the push-to-talk button, and saying hello.

From there you can start learning about the required pieces of information you need to make your radio do what you want. Again, there's just a few pieces of info, depending on whether you are using your own hotspot, or someone else's repeater.

In either case, you need to know:

- Frequency
- Color Code
- Time Slot
- Talk Group

No 'secret handshake' required :-)

Jeff N0̸MII 


On Dec 3, 2018, at 4:18 PM, Frank Perkins <N6CES.r@...> wrote:

Hmmm . . . 
After all that is set up, and you have gained access through the repeater, and the correct channel code, and color code, and time slot, now you're down the correct hallway, select the correct chatroom door, you must know the correct door knock, password, and secret handshake!!
Phhht!
Frank

On Mon, Dec 3, 2018, 1:56 PM Mike Heitmann <n0so@... wrote:
Hi Jim,

Color Codes and Time Slots are set by the repeater or hotspot owner, so we need a little more information: 

Are you trying to get in via a personal hotspot, or through a local repeater? 

The ZumSpot hotspots running Pi-Star are set to use Color Code 1, Timeslot 2 by default. Most people don't change that.

For repeaters, it depends on how the repeater owner set it up.

Mike, N0SO



--
Jeff N0̷MII

Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets - Wed, 12/05/2018 8:00pm-9:00pm #cal-reminder

main@4SQRP.groups.io Calendar <main@...>
 

Reminder:
Wednesday Evening 40 and 80 meter Nets

When:
Wednesday, 5 December 2018
8:00pm to 9:00pm
(GMT-06:00) America/Chicago

Where:
40 and 80 Meters

Organizer:
jomatlock@...

Description:
The 40 Meter Net will be at 8:00 pm central time  on 7.122 +-. QRM
NCS will be Bill KV6Z.

Wednesday evening 80 Meter CW Net. will be at  (8:30PM Central Time Wednesday). 
The 80 meter net will be called on 3.564 MHz +/- QRM.
Net control operators are Johnny AC0BQ or Paul N0NBD.

* NEW *  Wednesday evening DMR Voice Net will be at (Thursday) 0200 UTC (9:00PM Central Time Wednesday/)
Four States QRP has a Brandmeister DMR Talk Group (TG31654). Join us to discuss QRP, ask questions, or just ragchew. The Wednesday net is a directed net  but any other time you may use the Talk Group to chat with other QRPers.
Net Control operator is Bert NOYJ.

View Event

Re: 4SQRP "On Air Activities" on web page

AG1P Ron
 

GE Everyone,

The On-Air Activities page has been changed to include the DMR net.  Please let me know if changes are necessary.

72 - Ron - AG1P

4SQRP Volunteer Webmaster

 

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Johnny Matlock
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2018 6:25 AM
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 4SQRP "On Air Activities" on web page

 

Good Morning

David

We have a automatic reminder post that has the info several times before the Wednesday nets.

 

I will ask Ron to include the DMR info on the main web page.

73

Johnny AC0BQ 

 

On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 10:17 PM davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

I don't know what the official status is of the Wednesday night DMR net, but is it time to add it to the list of Wednesday night on air activities with the info on participating in the net ?

I just got my DMR radio going and hope to began to participate starting this coming Wed.

I found what I needed to know about the DMR group/net on groups.io, but I thought we might want to make it easier for others, or at least to let others know it exists.

--
David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.
Recycle, Reuse, Re-purpose, Repair
>Professional Sports - An activity for small minds<
!! There is a reason it is called "Sports Trivia" !!

--

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com