Date   
Re: 40m Net

Johnny Matlock
 

Wow Bill!
These two guys just checked into the 80 meter Net as well?
I had better sigs at around 8.
Think about calling 80 a little earlier next week?
73
Johnny AC0BQ 

On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 8:29 PM dekle <dekle@...> wrote:
Got 2 QNIs:

KO8S/4     Karl     FL
K3NLT      Russ    VA

73
Bill
KV6Z

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

80 meter Net Report

Johnny Matlock
 

Well here are the check in’s.
WA9PWP pre Net
KO8S/4
K3NLT
and 
NK80
I’m thinking of try at 7:30 or 8:00 pm
Central time next week
Thanks guys it was fun!
72
Johnny AC0BQ 

--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Re: 40m Net

John KK4ITX
 

Bill,

Got back from cards around 9:10 EST.  You were loud as can be and I was ready at 9:13 after a QNI and you were GONE !  A no-no for Nets but at 9:27 I called you just to see if you could here me.

80m for me does not work well, getting set to add another 35ft of wire to see if that helps at all.

I did win 25 cents at cards though !

I appreciate your effort as I host a 2m Simplex Coffee RT at 0800 six days a week and often there are only one or two that stop by but sometimes 8-10 ?

John
KK4ITX




From: dekle <dekle@...>
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 9:29 PM
Subject: [4SQRP] 40m Net

Got 2 QNIs:

KO8S/4     Karl     FL
K3NLT      Russ    VA

73
Bill
KV6Z


DMR NET

Robert
 

GREAT NET, THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATES

TONIGHTS CHECK INS

N9PUZ TIM

NA1MH DAVID

AA5TN GORDY

NK80 CHARLES

AB0AH LARRY

WG5F ED

N0TGR DICK

KB0UOA STEVE

AC0BQ JOHNNY

W8NWA MIKE

N9EGT WAYNE


73'S

BERT

N0YJ

Re: First soldering project

_Dave_K0MBT
 

Yep Brian qrp has come a long way.
Am sure this design could be rebuilt as SMD and be size of a postage stamp.

Too bad hf antennas have not found a way to be miniaturized in the same way.

Video telephones

Walter - K5EST
 

Who knew, back in the 1930's there was a dream of video telephones and the latest edition of KAR (Kansas Amateur Radio magazine) has a really great picture of this dream. Look at the end of the newsletter!


73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


Re: First soldering project

sigcom1
 

"Am sure this design could be rebuilt as SMD and be size of a postage stamp."

Already been done, decades ago:  The KnightSMiTe:

< http://www.knightlites.org/projects/knightsmite/index.htm >

73,,,,,,,Steve Smith WB6TNL
               "Snort Rosin"

Re: Video telephones

Thomas Martin
 

Does anyone remember Dick Tracy and his wrist radio that to has come to fruition.
If you do you probably remover listening to him on a radio the old Zenith upright


On Feb 14, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Who knew, back in the 1930's there was a dream of video telephones and the latest edition of KAR (Kansas Amateur Radio magazine) has a really great picture of this dream. Look at the end of the newsletter!


73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention


Re: Video telephones

Michael McEwen
 

Arvin two tube...Tokyo Japan...Army brat.


On Thu, Feb 14, 2019, 11:06 Thomas Martin <tem494@... wrote:
Does anyone remember Dick Tracy and his wrist radio that to has come to fruition.
If you do you probably remover listening to him on a radio the old Zenith upright


On Feb 14, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Who knew, back in the 1930's there was a dream of video telephones and the latest edition of KAR (Kansas Amateur Radio magazine) has a really great picture of this dream. Look at the end of the newsletter!


73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


OT: FS GW Instek model GSP-810 for sale

Jim Sheldon
 

I have an older GW Instek, 150 KHz to 1.2 GHz spectrum analyzer with tracking generator for sale.   It's in working condition, has cosmetic issues on the case but otherwise it's sound. It originally came from an instructor's position at one of the ITT Tech schools before I got it.  It can be remotely controlled through an RS-232 port on the back, but GW Instek wants $200 + for the software so of course, I don't have it.  You can download (I think) demo software (doesn't expire) that will do screen captures & prints, just won't allow the computer to control the SA.

It's a heavy item so shipping will be around $35-40 extra but I'm asking $350 + shipping for this unit. 

If anyone is interested and planning on attending OzarkCon in Branson (first weekend in April) I could bring it with me.  If it doesn't sell before then, I will have it at Branson in April.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB

Re: ADV: Re: [4SQRP] Video telephones

jrdock@ckt.net
 

You’re right and I was about 6” taller than the radio 👍.


Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.
                                                 

On Feb 14, 2019, at 11:06 AM, Thomas Martin <tem494@...> wrote:

Does anyone remember Dick Tracy and his wrist radio that to has come to fruition.
If you do you probably remover listening to him on a radio the old Zenith upright


On Feb 14, 2019, at 8:20 AM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Who knew, back in the 1930's there was a dream of video telephones and the latest edition of KAR (Kansas Amateur Radio magazine) has a really great picture of this dream. Look at the end of the newsletter!


73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention


Re: OT: FS GW Instek model GSP-810 for sale

Jim Sheldon
 

The spectrum analyzer has tentatively been spoken for.

W0EB

On Feb 14, 2019, at 11:30 AM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

I have an older GW Instek, 150 KHz to 1.2 GHz spectrum analyzer with tracking generator for sale.   It's in working condition, has cosmetic issues on the case but otherwise it's sound. It originally came from an instructor's position at one of the ITT Tech schools before I got it.  It can be remotely controlled through an RS-232 port on the back, but GW Instek wants $200 + for the software so of course, I don't have it.  You can download (I think) demo software (doesn't expire) that will do screen captures & prints, just won't allow the computer to control the SA.

It's a heavy item so shipping will be around $35-40 extra but I'm asking $350 + shipping for this unit. 

If anyone is interested and planning on attending OzarkCon in Branson (first weekend in April) I could bring it with me.  If it doesn't sell before then, I will have it at Branson in April.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB

Re: OT: FS GW Instek model GSP-810 for sale

Jim Sheldon
 

The Spectrum Analyzer has been spoken for.

Jim, W0EB

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jim Sheldon" <w0eb@...>
To: "4SQRP Mailing List" <4SQRP@groups.io>
Sent: 2/14/2019 11:30:07 AM
Subject: [4SQRP] OT: FS GW Instek model GSP-810 for sale

I have an older GW Instek, 150 KHz to 1.2 GHz spectrum analyzer with tracking generator for sale.   It's in working condition, has cosmetic issues on the case but otherwise it's sound. It originally came from an instructor's position at one of the ITT Tech schools before I got it.  It can be remotely controlled through an RS-232 port on the back, but GW Instek wants $200 + for the software so of course, I don't have it.  You can download (I think) demo software (doesn't expire) that will do screen captures & prints, just won't allow the computer to control the SA.

It's a heavy item so shipping will be around $35-40 extra but I'm asking $350 + shipping for this unit. 

If anyone is interested and planning on attending OzarkCon in Branson (first weekend in April) I could bring it with me.  If it doesn't sell before then, I will have it at Branson in April.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB

Re: First soldering project

_Dave_K0MBT
 

Hi Steve
Thanks I imported the file into my computer and sized it to fit smd transistors. If I decide to build one that small going to have to a coffee free day. How did your's go?
The little bugger receives and transmits.

Hilltopper 20 and 40 president’s Day sale!

Johnny Matlock
 


Ge Group
We’re running a President’s sale on the Hilltopper 20 and 40 for this weekend and the following week in honor of the Monday president’s day holiday.

Starting tonight the Hilltopper’s will be discounted to $80.00 plus shipping.

These great little rigs designed by Dave Benson and Dave Cripe are a 
easy build and they are feature rich for the price.

Details can be found on the web page with the following links.



Also the Ozarkcon sign up page will
be active in the next few days,
so keep a eye on the web page and make your reservations at the Stone Castle in Branson as soon as possible.
They sold out if the 4 sqrp rooms last year!
Please ask for the 4 State discount when you call.

Enjoy the Holiday and We hope to see you in Branson soon!

72, 73
Johnny AC0BQ 
President 4 sqrp Group.




--
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Ozarkcon Pre-Registration is OPEN

Walter - K5EST
 

Hi all....... Ozarkcon 2019 pre-registration is OPEN!!!!!!


It's gonna be fun.

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


Ozarkcon registration attendees listings

Walter - K5EST
 

GM All, well to use an old term from Analog Television, we are experiencing "Technical Difficulties" with the computer code to trigger the registrations listings.

Your registration entries are being recorded but not entered into the Ocon listing page. Just to give you an idea, as of 11 PM Pacific time, 40 registrations, 14 kit builds and 6 Ocon U signups. There are more this morning.

We have the Master working with the problem so you will soon see a big fill-up of the registration attendee list.

Please give us a chance to find the little computer code gremlin and all will be well.

Thank you all for supporting 4SQRP and Ozarkcon!

73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


Re: Ozarkcon registration attendees listings

Chuck Skolaut
 


Hi Walter,

I registered myself, KØBOG and my wife, KC1IHS this morning. I printed out my wife's registration but forgot to print mine, is it possible for me to get back to that? I did receive acknowledgement from PayPal for both registrations. Thanks for all your work on this year's event and for being able to hold it at Stone Castle again, we really enjoyed it last year for the first time.

73,

Chuck KØBOG

On Sunday, February 17, 2019, 1:45:34 PM UTC, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:


GM All, well to use an old term from Analog Television, we are experiencing "Technical Difficulties" with the computer code to trigger the registrations listings.

Your registration entries are being recorded but not entered into the Ocon listing page. Just to give you an idea, as of 11 PM Pacific time, 40 registrations, 14 kit builds and 6 Ocon U signups. There are more this morning.

We have the Master working with the problem so you will soon see a big fill-up of the registration attendee list.

Please give us a chance to find the little computer code gremlin and all will be well.

Thank you all for supporting 4SQRP and Ozarkcon!

73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved  Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


Re: Ozarkcon registration attendees listings

Walter - K5EST
 

GM Chuck, don't think you can get back into the page to do a print.

However, we are working on the gremlin computer code to release the listings.

As soon as things are solved, I will post an email to this reflector.

73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png




On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 9:31 AM Chuck Skolaut via Groups.Io <cbmis=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Walter,

I registered myself, KØBOG and my wife, KC1IHS this morning. I printed out my wife's registration but forgot to print mine, is it possible for me to get back to that? I did receive acknowledgement from PayPal for both registrations. Thanks for all your work on this year's event and for being able to hold it at Stone Castle again, we really enjoyed it last year for the first time.

73,

Chuck KØBOG

On Sunday, February 17, 2019, 1:45:34 PM UTC, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:


GM All, well to use an old term from Analog Television, we are experiencing "Technical Difficulties" with the computer code to trigger the registrations listings.

Your registration entries are being recorded but not entered into the Ocon listing page. Just to give you an idea, as of 11 PM Pacific time, 40 registrations, 14 kit builds and 6 Ocon U signups. There are more this morning.

We have the Master working with the problem so you will soon see a big fill-up of the registration attendee list.

Please give us a chance to find the little computer code gremlin and all will be well.

Thank you all for supporting 4SQRP and Ozarkcon!

73,

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved  Specialty Operating Convention
image.png


Registration attendees are showing up

Walter - K5EST
 

Hi All, thanks to Tom -W0MFQ, the registrations are being individually moved over to the webpage.


If yours is not listed LATER in the day, then let me know, please.

The computer code gremlin fix is in the works!

73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png