From: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io> on behalf of Kelly <n3hsy@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 3:21 PM
To: 4SQRP@groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] Freq. mite and MFJ-9040

Looking for answers. ... freqMite is installed and working... but don’t know where to sample RF on the board and what is correct offset pin jumper settings. Now all jumpers on as per manual I hear only 0000. Any one have this rig / combo?? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks es 72/73

AE5II
Kelly

Wayne Dillon

Kelly,
Try removing ALL the jumpers as there is no Khz portion of the offset, it's just 12Mhz and no Khz.
Just a thought,
Wayne - NQ0RP

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 1:34 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Kelly,

I have the 9020,30 and 40 and had never thought of putting the Freq-Mite in them. Cool idea! All of mine have pencil marks for the appx spots for watering holes. MFJ has the manuals for a free download. I was reading and see the VFO is 4.85 to 5 Mhz I could not dope out where to sample the frequency tho... maybe someone else will chime in good luck de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

--

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - NQ0RP

Dave Benson

Kelly-

Wayne's correct about not needing any jumpers. :-)

Try taking a signal off the junction of R41 ('VFO DRV) and Q1.  It's a buffered sample of the local oscillator signal from U1.

73- Dave Benson, K1SWL
(Freq-Mite Designer)

On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 2:34 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Kelly,

I have the 9020,30 and 40 and had never thought of putting the Freq-Mite in them. Cool idea! All of mine have pencil marks for the appx spots for watering holes. MFJ has the manuals for a free download. I was reading and see the VFO is 4.85 to 5 Mhz I could not dope out where to sample the frequency tho... maybe someone else will chime in good luck de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Looking for answers. ... freqMite is installed and working... but don’t know where to sample RF on the board and what is correct offset pin jumper settings. Now all jumpers on as per manual I hear only 0000. Any one have this rig / combo?? Any help greatly appreciated, thanks es 72/73

AE5II
Kelly

Kelly <n3hsy@...>

Dave et al,
Thanks so much for the help. Had to resort to a capacitor T’ed off the back of the so-239 and no jumpers. Seems to be working well just hold the key down before you close the switch and it reads 3 digits to right of decimal! Very nice addition to the rig.

72/73
AE5II
Kelly