Topics

locked A Note All Users Regarding Spam Messages #ADMIN

Tim N9PUZ

Over the past week we have received messages from GROUPS.IO that a few list members have been unsubscribed because "spam messages have been sent to their email addresses." Here is what we have learned:

  1. This is NOT an action that has been taken by the list moderators and we have no control over it.
  2. If you inadvertently mark a message as spam that came from this group then some Internet Service Providers will not only flag it as spam but will also, without telling you, send an "unsubscribe" request to this list. GROUPS.IO will then honor that request and you will be unsubscribed. Again, there is nothing we can do about it.
  3. If your ISP automatically flags a message as spam the same thing can happen.

What To Do:

  1. Periodically check the spam folder on your email account. If you see any 4SQRP messages there mark them as not being spam.
  2. There at least a few 4SQRP messages every day. If you notice you haven't received any then you may have to re-subscribe.
  3. DON'T mark a message as spam just because you are not interested in the topic. Just DELETE it instead.
According to GROUPS.IO some ISPs are worse about these automatic unsubscribe requests than others. Far and away they say that "yahoo.com" email is the worst.

This issue occurs on every GROUPS.IO mailing list. It is not just 4SQRP. There is nothing we can do about it on our end it has to be sorted out between you and your email provider.
73,

Tim & Gary
4SQRP Co-Moderators