Topics

40m Net

dekle <dekle@...>

Good net tonight.
Signals were down a little but all were readable.
The Kansas stations were out in force tonight.
QNIs were:

W7KFI            Susan       MS
WA9PWP        Paul          WI
AB4QL            Barry        AL
K3NLT             Russ        VA
NK8O              Chas        KS
N0XM              Mike         KS
KKO5              Bruce       KS
K3ESE            Lloyd        MD
W2SH             Chas         NJ
KA0AAM         Dwayne     KS
KK5IB             Darryl        AR
KV6Z              Bill             OK (NCS)

Thanks everybody.
See you next week.

73
Bill
KV6Z

griffithsesq.robert

Hello Bill et. al. Signals were mostly all 339 here 25 Miles west of Philadelphia using a Bayou Jumper and 40 Meter Dipole in the attic broadside 15*/195*. (Best I could do given the thunderstorms outside.) QRM and QRN also present. Called you several times between 8:20 and 8:30 but, could not tell if you were listening to another QNI or had gone QNF. Will try again in the future using the R8 outside. Keep the Net going. 73.
Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths

On Jul 4, 2018, at 10:25 PM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

Good net tonight.
Signals were down a little but all were readable.
The Kansas stations were out in force tonight.
QNIs were:

W7KFI            Susan       MS
WA9PWP        Paul          WI
AB4QL            Barry        AL
K3NLT             Russ        VA
NK8O              Chas        KS
N0XM              Mike         KS
KKO5              Bruce       KS
K3ESE            Lloyd        MD
W2SH             Chas         NJ
KA0AAM         Dwayne     KS
KK5IB             Darryl        AR
KV6Z              Bill             OK (NCS)

Thanks everybody.
See you next week.

73
Bill
KV6Z

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

i listened in for the entire net. It sure sounded like it as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW and Morse, I can only pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal of interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to providing a net for those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our watts and WPM are interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as an encouragement to new CW enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

dekle <dekle@...>

Hi Dennis,

I actually pride myself in how slow my mind works sometimes - so no problem there.
If I hear you call at 3 wpm I will respond at 3 wpm. (give me a few seconds to plug in my straight key).
It really helps if you are on frequency. There are ways to adjust Rockmite and Pixie type circuits to easily accomplish that.
All of us - even the highest speed whiz bang operators - started at zero wpm.
The only way to do it is to just do it.
Don't worry about mistakes. I can guarantee that I make more mistakes during a net than all the other operators combined.
Practice on sending your call, name, state, and RST. That will be enough for a Net check-in. If you make a mistake in sending your name, for example, just send a bunch of dits and try again. Repeat this as necessary. I'm not in a hurry.
Give it a try next week.

73
Bill
KV6Z

i listened in for the entire net. It sure sounded like it as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW and Morse, I can only pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal of interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to providing a net for those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our watts and WPM are interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as an encouragement to new CW enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

dekle <dekle@...>

OK Griff.
Give it another try next week.

73
Bill
KV6Z

[...]

Michael McEwen

My neurosurgeon told me that I have a cognitive brain disorder (Army) that make keying unlikely.  I can copy but need to do SSB to make things fun. Are there possibilities for 20 or 40 from central Oklahoma?

On Jul 5, 2018 11:29 AM, "dekle" <dekle@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Mike,

There was some interest in a 4S SSB Net at one time but I'm not sure what happened to it.
Maybe someone that owns a microphone will start it up again.

73
Bill
KV6Z

i listened in for the entire net. It sure sounded like it as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW and Morse, I can only pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal of interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to providing a net for those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our watts and WPM are interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as an encouragement to new CW enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

ussv dharma

I for one will do my check ins at around 5wpm next week..let me know if you copy, good ham courtesies require3s that we send at the speed of the other station....something hams today seem to ignore.

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

MSGT. Susan Meckley, USA (Ret.)
W7KFI-5  & AFZ4SM

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 10:32 AM

i listened in for the entire net. It
sure sounded like it as much a buzz... however, being a
“newbie” to CW and Morse, I can only pick out a
letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal of
interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to providing
a net for those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and
our watts and WPM are interchangeable? I think this would be
a good thing as an encouragement to new CW
enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow
Minds” net and I will be the first to join in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

Dwayne R <masterdr@...>

Bill is right. . .

CW is a LOT of fun. ..and very rewarding. I have chatted with folks from about 2wpm to over 40.
Bill and I have chatted before, it has been a while, but he was in my log a couple of times

Thanks Bill for coming back to me. Didn't have a straight key, it was in Colorado, and I had all
the weights I could get on the arm of that bug. That bug was made in 1919. Serial number 65,9XX.

You did a great job on the net.

First time I have checked into a CW net in decades. I appreciate what you guys are doing.
I purchased a BJ about 6 months ago or so, and have enjoyed using it a lot. Good job on your
designs, patience, and ability to produce such a good transceiver.

Dwayne

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io

i listened in for the entire net. It sure sounded like
it as
much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW and
Morse, I can only pick out
a letter or two on occasion. There seems to be a renewal
of interest in QRP
and CW. Have you given thought to providing a net for
those of us that can use
a Rockmite or Pixie and our watts and WPM are
interchangeable? I think this
would be a good thing as an encouragement to new CW
enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code for Slow
Minds” net and I will be the first to join
in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

Virus-free.

Dwayne R <masterdr@...>

About 4s SSB. . ..

I think it would be very possible to convert one of the BJ into a DOUBLE Side band rig.. . .
Many years ago, there was a MOD to the HW-8. IT was a very simple mod that would
convert the HW-8 to a DSB rig. I believe this BJ would be a very simple conversion too.

Dwayne

To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW
and Morse, I can only
pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to
be a renewal of
interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to
providing a net for
those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our
watts and WPM are
interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as
an encouragement to
new CW enthusiasts.

Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code
for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join
in.

Thanks,
72 and God bless.
KD4EPG

Virus-free.

Michael McEwen

TU, Susan.  K5OSA LTC (Ret) Michael McEwen

 To: main@4SQRP.groups.io

       as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW
 and Morse, I can only
       pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to
 be a renewal of
       interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to
 providing a net for
       those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our
 watts and WPM are
       interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as
 an encouragement to
       new CW enthusiasts.

 Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code
       for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join
       in.

 Thanks,
 72 and God bless.
 KD4EPG

     Virus-free.

Dwayne R <masterdr@...>

Looked it up for you. . Very simple for HW-8,
Haven't looked at the Circuitry for the BJ, but it
is only the process of lifting the carrier and running it through
a simple circuit.

To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

[...]

oops!

http://www.qsl.net/kl7r/hw8/hw8story.html

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io

Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:49
PM

 To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

 Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:53
AM

 TNX

 On Jul 5, 2018 11:51 AM,

 "dekle" <dekle@...>

       From: Dennis

 Yancey

        as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie”
 to CW

  and Morse, I can only

        pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems

  be a renewal of

        interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought

  providing a net for

        those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and
 our

  watts and WPM are

        interchangeable? I think this would be a good
 thing as

  an encouragement to

        new CW enthusiasts.

  Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code

        for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to
 join

        in.

  Thanks,

  72 and God bless.

  KD4EPG

      Virus-free.

Brian Crittendon

What about keyboards. I use fldigi for my CW nets on 60M.

John Hucke <johnhucke87@...>

Bill,
I certainly am interested in a 40m SSB net.
John, K3JH, Glen Mills, PA

On Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:49, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

[...]

Is everyone listening to this?
Sounds like it's time for someone to step up and do the SSB net again.

Bill
KV6Z