Sent: Friday, July 06, 2018 12:52 PM
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 40m Net

Ref Readability 2, Goober is a peanut (Even some of us Yankees born in Minnesnowta know that one). I believe you meant Gooder?  HA!

Jim, W0EB

Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:23 PM

If there are people interested, then I would
be willing to get a net going. . .
40SSB. . .

I would prefer the Extra Section, but
realize there are non-extra's here.
Does anyone object to 7220+/- on Monday
nights? Say around 7 O'clock?

I will not be able to make it all the
time, but with a little help between
two people, I say lets give it a go.

Dwayne

On Thu, 7/5/18, dekle <dekle@...>

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 9:37 PM

Is everyone listening to this?
Sounds like it's time for someone to
step up and do
the SSB net
again.

Bill
KV6Z

From: Dennis
Yancey

Dwayne R <masterdr@...>

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io

John Hucke <johnhucke87@...>

[...]

Brian Crittendon

What about keyboards. I use fldigi for my CW nets on 60M.

Michael McEwen

Carry on, Doc...K5OSA

On Thu, Jul 5, 2018, 1:42 PM Dwayne R via Groups.Io <masterdr=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Looked it up for you. . Very simple for HW-8,
Haven't looked at the Circuitry for the BJ, but it
is only the process of lifting the carrier and running it through
a simple circuit.

Dwayne

 To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
 Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:49 PM

 TU,
 K5OSA...Doc
 On Thu, Jul
 5, 2018, 12:46 PM Dwayne R via Groups.Io <masterdr=yahoo.com@groups.io>
 wrote:
 About 4s
 SSB. . ..

 I think it would be very possible to convert one of the BJ
 into a DOUBLE Side band rig.. . .

 Many years ago, there was a MOD to the HW-8.  IT was a very
 simple mod that would

 convert the HW-8 to a DSB rig.  I believe this BJ would be
 a very simple conversion too.

  To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

[...]

oops!

http://www.qsl.net/kl7r/hw8/hw8story.html

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io

Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 12:49
PM

 To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

 Date: Thursday, July 5, 2018, 11:53
AM

 TNX

 On Jul 5, 2018 11:51 AM,

 "dekle" <dekle@...>

       From: Dennis

 Yancey

       as much a buzz... however, being a “newbie” to CW
 and Morse, I can only
       pick out a letter or two on occasion. There seems to
 be a renewal of
       interest in QRP and CW. Have you given thought to
 providing a net for
       those of us that can use a Rockmite or Pixie and our
 watts and WPM are
       interchangeable? I think this would be a good thing as
 an encouragement to
       new CW enthusiasts.

 Let me know if and when you a “Slow Code
       for Slow Minds” net and I will be the first to join
       in.

 Thanks,
 72 and God bless.
 KD4EPG

     Virus-free.

Michael McEwen

TU, Susan.  K5OSA LTC (Ret) Michael McEwen

I for one will do my check ins at around 5wpm next week..let me know if you copy, good ham courtesies require3s that we send at the speed of the other station....something hams today seem to ignore.

 To: main@4SQRP.groups.io