From: "Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io" <doctorcwp@...>
Date: 7/5/18 16:44 (GMT-05:00)
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Hil

The Hilltopper 20 is a 20 meter CW rig with an innovative design.  Great little radio, and yes, it has been available for a number of months now.

72,

Charles - NK8O

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Leland Lannoye <wa9aoe@...> wrote:
>
> Am in the midst of several experimentation projects at the moment.  Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the Hilltopper 20? Where is it available?

Charles W. Powell

CW only - see previous message for price.   The reason it is CW only is because it has a Class E amplifier.  Very efficient but it won’t work with SSB to the best of my knowledge.  No heat sinks and pretty minimal current drain.   The “spy” radio is the Bayou Jumper.   http://www.4sqrp.com/bayouJumper.php

72,

Charles

On Jul 5, 2018, at 4:02 PM, Leland Lannoye <wa9aoe@...> wrote:

NK8O de WA9AOE.

Charles:
What is the price?  Can it be set up for digital modes?  I guess I could download the manual and answer that question.  It strikes me as being a 21st century b2 radio used by Churchill' SOE spies of WWII fame.

The Hilltopper 20 is a 20 meter CW rig with an innovative design.  Great little radio, and yes, it has been available for a number of months now.

72,

Charles - NK8O

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 2:45 PM, Leland Lannoye <wa9aoe@...> wrote:
>
> Am in the midst of several experimentation projects at the moment.  Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the Hilltopper 20? Where is it available?

Jess Gypin