Topics

New Southern RST

WA0ITP

Hee, I love it.  Thanks Dennis.
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 7/6/2018 11:30 AM, Dennis Yancey wrote:

You mentioned something about giving an RST report. I assume that would be on your station. I got my ticket in Birmingham, Al, thus the 4 call. It should be clarified wha an RST from a 4 call and most 5 calls actually means, ski offer this for your assistance in translating from Southern... just so we are on the same page.

Readability
1 Good
2 Goober
3 Goodest
4 More Gooder
5 Most Goodest

Strength
1 Better
2 Best
3Besets
4 More Better
5 Most Bestest

Tone
1 Alright
2 Fine
3 More Fine
4 Smooth
4 Baby bottom smooth
6 Slick
7 Super Slick
8 STP Slick
9 Finer than Frogs hair

Jerry Brown

While at Yougsan Garrison (Seoul, Korea) I had QSO with station in Great Britain and

the operator there gave me the RST of 109......still haven't figured that one out!

72/73,

Jerry N4EO, ex-HL9EO, ex-YI9EO, etc, etc

Readability
1 Good

Strength
1 Better
2 Best
3Besets
4 More Better
5 Most Bestest

Tone
9 Finer than Frogs hair

Bob Parr

I thought the 1-9 number was strength as in the S meter.

Bob
KG5GTE

wrote:

[...]

ussv dharma

long live e-ta-won

If you don't change direction you WILL arrive exactly where you're headed!!

MSGT. Susan Meckley, USA (Ret.)
W7KFI-5  & AFZ4SM

Subject: Re: [4SQRP] New Southern RST
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io
Date: Friday, July 6, 2018, 1:49 PM

While at
Yougsan Garrison (Seoul, Korea) I had QSO with station in
Great Britain and
the
operator there gave me the RST of 109......still haven't
figured that one out!
72/73,
Jerry N4EO, ex-HL9EO, ex-YI9EO, etc,
etc
http://www.mybaseguide.com/army/69-3796-22452/tripler_army_medical_center_brian_allgood_army_community_hospital

Readability
1 Good

Strength
1 Better
2 Best
3Besets
4 More Better
5 Most Bestest

Tone
9 Finer than Frogs hair

Donald Sanders

That was a phantom contact. 109 = sorry I cant read you as you have no signal but your tone is great.

Dr. Don W4BWS

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM, Jerry Brown <n4eobrown@...> wrote:
While at Yougsan Garrison (Seoul, Korea) I had QSO with station in Great Britain and

the operator there gave me the RST of 109......still haven't figured that one out!

72/73,

Jerry N4EO, ex-HL9EO, ex-YI9EO, etc, etc

Readability
1 Good

Strength
1 Better
2 Best
3Besets
4 More Better
5 Most Bestest

Tone
9 Finer than Frogs hair

John T. Fitzer

OMG there is an epidemic of that also.

W3BNO

That was a phantom contact. 109 = sorry I cant read you as you have no signal but your tone is great.

Dr. Don W4BWS

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018 at 1:49 PM, Jerry Brown <n4eobrown@...> wrote:

While at Yougsan Garrison (Seoul, Korea) I had QSO with station in Great Britain and

the operator there gave me the RST of 109......still haven't figured that one out!

72/73,

Jerry N4EO, ex-HL9EO, ex-YI9EO, etc, etc

Readability

1 Good

Strength

1 Better

2 Best

3Besets

4 More Better

5 Most Bestest

Tone

9 Finer than Frogs hair

Dennis Yancey <bigbluedry@...>

Been ti e-ra-won too many times..lol

Johnny AC0BQ

These are good!!
Are going to use the for the Sprint on Sunday?

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com