jim kc0dd

Mike D

The DE5000 on amazon is very accurate and cheap.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018, 10:32 AM JAMES DAVIDSON <jijvd74@...> wrote:
some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd

John T. Fitzer

Jim I just bought a model BM4070 off ebay (NEW) for $26.95 which includes free shipping. It arrived in about 5 business days. I checked it out and it seems to be reasonably accurate on low value  (pf) caps. I haven’t used it for checking inductors yet, but I assume it would be ok. It even comes with a zippered cloth case for storage. Appears to be a great buy. I’m an old guy with bad eyes and those small caps are hard to read. I used my MFJ 259B to check a couple of questionable caps while building the Hill Topper and decided then that I needed a better way. That’s when I found and bought the BM4070. I think this will make kit building MUCH more pleasant. Hope this helps 72’s W3BNO p.s. the batteries are included

From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of JAMES DAVIDSON
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2018 10:33 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: [4SQRP] lcr meter

some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd

Bob Nelson

The BEST such device IMHO is the digital
Peak Atlas LCR-40.  If you like to build circuits
for ham radio or any other electronics activity, you
will find yourself reaching for your LCR40 more than
any other instrument.
You can buy it from Amazon, for about $110.

73 - Bob, K6KL

On Tuesday, August 7, 2018, 10:32:57 AM CDT, JAMES DAVIDSON <jijvd74@...> wrote:

some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd

John - KK4ITX

I purchased one of these from eBay a couple of years ago, works well.  Mounted in a wooden box from Hobby Lobby..... does what I need.

Mega328 LCR-T4 12846 LCD Digital Transistor Tester Module Diode Capacitor Meter

John
KK4ITX

If you need a parachute and don't have one you probably won't need one again.

Thomas Martin

Don’t laugh but check Amazon I have found some very good deals on electronics it has become my Radio shack so to speak.

Tom
K0amd

Tom Martin

On Aug 7, 2018, at 10:32 AM, JAMES DAVIDSON <jijvd74@...> wrote:

some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd

JAMES DAVIDSON

hey thanks guys .help is  always  here  will look at these   on amazon   jim kc0dd

On Tue, Aug 7, 2018 at 11:06 AM, Thomas Martin <tem494@...> wrote:
Don’t laugh but check Amazon I have found some very good deals on electronics it has become my Radio shack so to speak.

Tom
K0amd

Tom Martin

On Aug 7, 2018, at 10:32 AM, JAMES DAVIDSON <jijvd74@...> wrote:

some one was bragging abt a cheap lcr meter .are they still on the group ? lost the page
jim kc0dd

Mike D

I will verify the accuracy of the Peak units.  I outfit my service guys with their ESR meters.  They are made in the UK and have great quality control.

For bench work I prefer the DER meter because it comes with multiple kelvin type probes including smd tweezers, also measures ESR, and will check inductance at a wider frequency range.

If you dont use it much or use it in the field, the Peak unit is preferable for its small size and durability, though more limited in features.

If you are mostly measuring capacitance, i would seriously suggest getting a quality VOM such as a Fluke 87IV.  They are available at pawn shops for under $200 and will greatly improve the quality of your life.

Mike kd5rjz