From: Paul Smith
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2018 5:06 PM
Subject: [4SQRP] At Brutus NK8O was using a clamp antenna mount

Where does a guy look for one
de Paul N0NBD

Paul Smith

Tnx Bill

https://www.qsradio.com/shop-now.html#!/Claw%E2%84%A2-Mount/p/51822117/category=13543022

www.qsradio.com
We carry a wide selection of Amateur Radio accessories.&nbsp;

Sent from Outlook

Date: Friday, September 14, 2018, 6:06 PM

Where does a guy look for one
de Paul N0NBD

Jim Sheldon

Mind posting the amazon name for that one? No luck searching for it.

W0EB

To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Date: Friday, September 14, 2018, 6:06 PM

Where does a guy look for one
de Paul N0NBD

Charles W. Powell

Johnny AC0BQ

Paul
The antenna he was using was a tekecopic antenna from MFJ,
I think?
Johnny AC0BQ

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

Yes, the antenna I was using is an MFJ-1979 telescoping whip.  It is about 16 1/2 feet and therefore a pretty good match on 20 meters.  I usually use it with at least 2 tuned radials that end just a bit off the ground, and the performance can be quite impressive even from just a few feet (picnic table height) off the ground.  If you tune your radials carefully, you can get a pretty good match without much effort.

FYI - I used this antenna on a 25’ painter’s pole for Field Day in 2015, ran QRP, and the antenna performed FANTASTICALLY.  Worked 49 states on 20 meters and ended #3 for all comers in the district - even the big clubs and QRO stations.  Of course, it helps that those CW contacts QRP are worth 10 points each!

72,

Chas

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com