Topics

VIAS

John Buckland

G’day
I am building a Bayou Jumper kit which has the white panel, and was shipped before 16 April 2017.

Although it does not show on the building instruction manual, I just wanted to check, that I do not have to solder up any of the VIAS on this kits PCB board.

If I do, would you tell me which ones, please.

73’s
John VK4DBJ

n5ib_2

Hi John,

The original (white panel) BJ didn't call for filling any of the vias with solder. In fact, it's not strictly necessary even on the later versions. Just provides a little more conductivity along some critical traces.

On your whited-panel version, if you wish, these vias could profit from being solder filled:
- the vias at the inside of each of the three etched inductors
- the via just to the right of D1
- the via just below C22

Jim, N5IB

John Buckland

Many thanks for the info Jim, will do as you suggest.
John VK4DBJ