Topics

Field Day 2019

Charles W. Powell

There has been some discussion regarding a Field Day effort for the 4-State club, such as it is.  So far, the only standing suggestion is for Weston Bend State Park, just across the river for Leavenworth KS on the Missouri side.  Bert, N0YJ says he and Johnny ACØBQ have operated there before and it has some attractive qualities.  There are lots of trees and it is on relatively high ground.  I think this is a good choice. If anyone has other ideas, please make your recommendation known.  So far, we have three operators on board.

I would like to collect names of folks who are interested, so please reply and let me know so I can start a list.  From there we can start to make some decisions about how many transmitters, what bands to operate, and exactly what kind of effort this should be.   We can make this casual, intense, or a combination of both.  I'm all for having fun, having some good burgers, AND racking up a few point.

We should eventually make some decisions on what kind of logging to do, if we need networking (I have some mesh network nodes we can use) and the like.  If we use computer control of the rigs, then the computers must also work on battery power (to be "legal" as battery class.)

So, please forward your ideas and let us know if you want to or plant to participate.

72,

Chas - NK8O

WA0ITP

Count me in Chas, and thanking you for planning it this far ahead.  I operated there once with Johnny and Bert and there are some very good sites. I'll use my ATS4 powered by a LiPO

Probably have to register waay in advance, like January. There are some nice roomy, and high sites.
72 WAØItp
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/21/2018 9:47 PM, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Johnny AC0BQ

Gm Terry and the Group
Sounds like a plan!
We will need two adjoining camp sites so we can stretch out our antennas.
I remember some that were on top of the ridge that has really nice Tree’s

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Smith

This sounds cool, maybe i can get Richard and Les to bring me up. Toodles would not want to camp but me and the boys would. have KX2 and wire I want to travel de Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Johnny AC0BQ

COME ON UP PAUL
The more the better!
FYI
We could run with the 4 sqrp club call?

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Paul Smith

OK Johnny, Ill drag one or both sons along. They worked in Weston years ago and LIVED at that park. They spent a year rebuilding a stone church.
happy Holidays my Brother.
de Paul

Sent from Outlook

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Charles W. Powell

Absolutely we should plan on using the club call.

Charles

On Dec 22, 2018, at 11:26 AM, Johnny Matlock <jomatlock@...> wrote:

COME ON UP PAUL
The more the better!
FYI
We could run with the 4 sqrp club call?

Charles W. Powell

I hav you on my list Terry.  Affirmative on the reservation.  We will get on that soon.  Bert was going to check to see which sites they used in the past.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 10:32 AM, WA0ITP <wa0itp@...> wrote:

Count me in Chas, and thanking you for planning it this far ahead.  I operated there once with Johnny and Bert and there are some very good sites. I'll use my ATS4 powered by a LiPO

Probably have to register waay in advance, like January. There are some nice roomy, and high sites.
72 WAØItp
I love this radio stuff.

Charles W. Powell

Paul,

Thanks.  I have you on the list as well.  Can you send me Richard’s call sign?  Les was easy to find but I’m not sure where Richard lives.

72,

Chas

On Dec 22, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

This sounds cool, maybe i can get Richard and Les to bring me up. Toodles would not want to camp but me and the boys would. have KX2 and wire I want to travel de Paul N0NBD

Paul Smith

Dwight Richard his real name.... We know him as Richard..... Just got a new call WM6L and his address is my address. He lives in the room above our kitchen. Les's call is KE0SOL.
Tnx Paul N0NBD

Sent from Outlook

Thanks.  I have you on the list as well.  Can you send me Richard’s call sign?  Les was easy to find but I’m not sure where Richard lives.

72,

Chas

On Dec 22, 2018, at 11:01 AM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

This sounds cool, maybe i can get Richard and Les to bring me up. Toodles would not want to camp but me and the boys would. have KX2 and wire I want to travel de Paul N0NBD

Charles W. Powell

Field Day update:

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

  • Make park reservation
  • Decide on # of radios
  • Decide which bands to operate
  • Decide which modes to operate
  • Choose logging method

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

72,

Chas - NK8O

Paul Smith

Chas,
I am sure Les will operate SSB as his code is rocky at best..... I need to work with him some more. I intend to order the SOTA band pass filters and after build up will give them a try to see how they work. I will order in January. The SOTA filters are 3 bands on a board. in one enclosure. I did order a 40 meter band pass filter and it works good but I need to get an 80 meter for Richards setup for in the evenings.
Ill ride along and see what comes up. I suspect we can work 80, 40 and 20 meters but would not count on the higher bands unless the prop gods start smiling de Paul

Sent from Outlook

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

  • Make park reservation
  • Decide on # of radios
  • Decide which bands to operate
  • Decide which modes to operate
  • Choose logging method

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

72,

Chas - NK8O

WA0ITP

I'll bring my 3 bandpass filters also, 40, 30, and 20M.
http://wa0itp.com/bpf_bandpass_filters.html
72 WAØITP
I love this radio stuff.
On 12/22/2018 8:53 PM, Paul Smith wrote:

[...]

Cool beans Terry tnx for the link to urs de Paul

Sent from Outlook

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

  • Make park reservation
  • Decide on # of radios
  • Decide which bands to operate
  • Decide which modes to operate
  • Choose logging method

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

72,

Chas - NK8O

Charles W. Powell

I forgot to list antennas as an item to consider.

72,

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 9:17 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

Cool beans Terry tnx for the link to urs de Paul

Sent from Outlook

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

  • Make park reservation
  • Decide on # of radios
  • Decide which bands to operate
  • Decide which modes to operate
  • Choose logging method

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

72,

Chas - NK8O

Paul Smith

Chas, As you do,  lots of us operate from the lake and parks.  Most have their favorite antennas already in the bag along with some telescoping poles.... I would have to count mine but I am sure there are at least 3 in my go bag. cul happy Holidays de Paul

Sent from Outlook

So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:

Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT

Our “to do” list:

  • Make park reservation
  • Decide on # of radios
  • Decide which bands to operate
  • Decide which modes to operate
  • Choose logging method

I’m open for input and comments on any of these, and of course more operators are welcome!

72,

Chas - NK8O

griffithsesq.robert

I would be interested in hearing from any members who might be interested in a Field Day Operation in the Southeastern Pennsylvania area. 73.
Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths

Tom Sevart

On 12/22/18 20:10, Charles W. Powell via Groups.Io wrote:
Field Day update:
So far, I have the following people who are planning to attend:
Bert, NØYJ
Chas NK8O
Johnny ACØBQ
Les KEØSOL
Paul NØNBD
Richard WM6L
Terry WAØOIT
I'm not sure what I'll be doing or where I'll be that weekend, but if I don't do Field Day closer I'll consider heading up there.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

Charles W. Powell

Very true, Paul.  But still we should maybe decide on which ones to use or perhaps have a variety available to us that we can switch.

Chas - NK8O

On Dec 22, 2018, at 10:11 PM, Paul Smith <n0nbd@...> wrote:

[...]

KE0SOL

Chas dad and I are a for sure on coming I like ssb qrp of course dad and I both have portable rigs

KE0SOL
Les smith