Topics

Hello :) My latest project A NA5N PIPSQUEAK regenerative receiver

Frank Artieta

Very simple and works very well !
Does not drift hardly at all !
After enough knob twiddling pretty good audio !
Here are some links to schematics !

This is the original
http://www.ncqrpp.org/files/qrpp_volume_04.pdf

Still a work in process !
This first coil in the picture would work from about 4 to 9 mHz
I have since wound a coil for the AM broadcast band !
I put a screw through the lid of a slightly smaller diameter pill bottle !
And wound the coil on that !
I am going to add pins and sockets to the leads on the coil so to be easy to change !
The coil for the AM BC band was interesting because this thing would go from start of reaction to oscillation very smoothly !
I plan to play with the inductor and capacitor just to see what I can get this thing to do !
One last thing is that this thing does not hardly know what drift is !
Just set it and forget it !
 I highly recommend if anyone has the urge to melt solder
This thing is cheap fast and works well :)
73

Tom Sevart

Very nice. I built one a while back as well, which can be seen here: https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/pipsqueak-regenerative-receiver.587926/page-4#post-4496600

It's a lot of fun to pull it off the shelf and listen to it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS

KD5ALD

Hello Tom
I previously viewed your radio there , before I ever built this one !
Matter of fact , I saved the pictures from there onto my computer !
Very nice example your radio :)
All I can say is mine works much better than I looks :)
I have been doing a little experimenting with a coil !
My conclusion so far is
The coil built as to the schematic is really hard to beat !
I got to say I do really like this rig !
When I first put voltage to it  radio Havana Cuba come booming in with no adjustment at all :)
73 Tom de Frank kd5ald