Topics

First soldering project

d balfour <davesters@...>

Hi Steve
Thanks I imported the file into my computer and sized it to fit smd transistors. If I decide to build one that small going to have to a coffee free day. How did your's go?
The little bugger receives and transmits.

sigcom1

"Am sure this design could be rebuilt as SMD and be size of a postage stamp."

Already been done, decades ago:  The KnightSMiTe:

< http://www.knightlites.org/projects/knightsmite/index.htm >

73,,,,,,,Steve Smith WB6TNL
               "Snort Rosin"

d balfour <davesters@...>

Yep Brian qrp has come a long way.
Am sure this design could be rebuilt as SMD and be size of a postage stamp.

Too bad hf antennas have not found a way to be miniaturized in the same way.

Brian Crittendon

I built my first QRP transmitter on a Sucrest's box. 6V6, plug in coils,180v power supply. The transformer hung over the edge. They had just come out with thous diode full wave bridges that were about as big as your thumb nail and I mounted my filter cap on top of the transformer.

On Friday, February 8, 2019, 2:09:42 PM EST, John T. Fitzer <John.fitzer@...> wrote:

WOW that’s impressive. I love really small radios so much that I have two ATS 3 rigs in altoids tins. In fact I have a lot of gear built in those tins. Ok ok it's a bad habit I know, but it's better than my last habit BOOZE Hi Hi 72 W3BNO