Topics

Wednesday's DMR net topic

Robert

What can be done to share the Ozarkcon experience with  those who are not able to attend.

DMR broadcast??
Pod cast??
You tube??
Streaming video??

What's Possible
What's practical
What's doable

I really don't know but I  think it would be  great to share the experience at least the presentations with others in our group who cannot attend

Bert
N0YJ

Paul Goemans

Good question, Bert!
  I would love some Ozarkcon experience! It is a 450 mile drive from here to Zenia/ Hamvention. It is a 600 mile drive from here to Ozarkcon.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

What can be done to share the Ozarkcon experience with  those who are not able to attend.

DMR broadcast??
Pod cast??
You tube??
Streaming video??

What's Possible
What's practical
What's doable

I really don't know but I  think it would be  great to share the experience at least the presentations with others in our group who cannot attend

Bert
N0YJ

Walter - K5EST

Bert, we can put you in the sound booth so you can tap into the headphones circuits for your audio, and pretty sure they are 1/4" jacks. Anywhere else is somewhat distorted from the multiple speakers. If you wish, we can try the setup when you arrive at the Stone Castle.
73,
Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention
image.png

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 4:06 PM Robert <e1dslr@...> wrote:

What can be done to share the Ozarkcon experience with  those who are not able to attend.

DMR broadcast??
Pod cast??
You tube??
Streaming video??

What's Possible
What's practical
What's doable

I really don't know but I  think it would be  great to share the experience at least the presentations with others in our group who cannot attend

Bert
N0YJ

Paul AI4EE

It's a 1000 mile drive for me. I should have stayed in Rolla!

On 2/26/2019 5:17 PM, Paul Goemans wrote:
Good question, Bert!
  I would love some Ozarkcon experience! It is a 450 mile drive from here to Zenia/ Hamvention. It is a 600 mile drive from here to Ozarkcon.

Paul Goemans WA9PWP
Stoughton, WI

What can be done to share the Ozarkcon experience with  those who are not able to attend.

DMR broadcast??
Pod cast??
You tube??
Streaming video??

What's Possible
What's practical
What's doable

I really don't know but I  think it would be  great to share the experience at least the presentations with others in our group who cannot attend

Bert
N0YJ

John - KK4ITX

I have looked at several ways to attend OzarkCon for a couple of years now.  Got excited last year when Flights were going to begin from Florida to Branson....... turned out it was seasonal and summer only at that.  2200 miles RT if I drive with 2 hotels each way, lonely trip for one.

I can fly into Springfield but then need transportation to Branson and back, that all equates to at least the cost of a KX2 with ALL the bells and whistles which I have not been able to justify.  The KX2 would not be as much fun as meeting the group but would probably last a bit longer !

Long whine I know but want ya all to know that I’ll appreciate any way that you can share what goes on..... just don’t make it so good that you take the fun out of attending in person !

73,

John
KK4ITX

If you need a parachute and don't have one you probably won't need one again.

On Feb 26, 2019, at 17:44, Dennis Shelton <nadie1943@...> wrote:

[...]

Bill Lamm

Random thoughts that I have no ability at this time to help make reality.   With the right IT wiz you can get some pretty inexpensive IP cameras with sound at a reasonable cost and have one or two just looking over the glories landscape of radio fun..

more practical is if you set up a YouTube channel and invite trusted willing individuals to do live stream walk throughs.. just record themselves talking and looking at the displays..  they can or not interact with the live stream chat but that is up to them..

Recordings of presentations or conversation/interviews with venders and etc are more organized but it could/should be done with little or no editing IMHO so as to preserve the ambiance of the convention.

I would be there but financially it's as far away as the moon this year