Topics

Important reminder

John Lonigro

I usually let the automatic reminder tell you about the Second Sunday Sprint coming up this Sunday (March 10th).  However, this Sunday is special.  It's the first day of Daylight Saving Time. Since the sprint schedule is relative to local time, not UCT, the time for the net is 7:00pm - 9:00pm Sunday night Central Daylight Time (8:00-10:00 EDT, 5:00-7:00 PDT, etc).  However, if you like to use UTC instead, the sprint times are now 0000Z-0200Z Monday.  They will continue like this until we go back to standard time in November.  The bottom line is, unless you use UTC, the net will be at the same local time it was last month.  The only difference is it will be lighter outside when the net begins, which may affect propagation.

Also, if your smoke detector still has a replaceable battery, it might be a good time to check or replace it.  And check the batteries in your weather radio.

72,

John AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

dekle <dekle@...>

I'd like to get rid of Daylight savings time   -   and pennies.

Bill
KV6Z