Topics

ADV: Re: [4SQRP] Important reminder

jrdock@ckt.net

Amen !!

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:19 PM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

I'd like to get rid of Daylight savings time   -   and pennies.

Bill
KV6Z

Frank Perkins

Hey Bill,
Do you know they've still got $2 bills in circulation? No place in cash register for them.
What about silver dollars? No register place for them either.
How long has it been since you've been given a 50 cent piece in change?
Makes ya wonder, huh!
72,
Frank N6CES

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019, 7:32 PM jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Amen !!

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:19 PM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

I'd like to get rid of Daylight savings time   -   and pennies.

Bill
KV6Z

Thomas Martin

We have a place here in Houston metal recycling that pays in 2.00 bills and you can buy uncut sheets from the mint. Try giving someone Susan B Anthony dollars most of the kids today think the dollars and 2 dollar bills are not real.

On Mar 6, 2019, at 10:07 PM, Frank Perkins <N6CES.r@...> wrote:

[...]

W0MQY

I would love to get rid of DST
Joe W0MQY

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019, 21:32 jrdock@... <jrdock@...> wrote:
Amen !!

Pro

Jack R. Dock ... How about we give GOD a reason to continue blessing America?  In defense of America I pledge my life, my fortune and my sacred honor.
War does not determine who is right, only who is left.

On Mar 6, 2019, at 8:19 PM, dekle <dekle@...> wrote:

I'd like to get rid of Daylight savings time   -   and pennies.

Bill
KV6Z

Dick Hammond

I don't dig DST either Joe.  Let's abolish it.
Dick.  n0tgr

--
What a great improvement,  Yahoo just didn't work for me.  Dick,  n0tgr

Yep. Here in Arizona we never adopted DST when we had the option. I think during WWII it was not optional.

73, tom w7sua

On 3/7/2019 8:02 AM, W0MQY wrote:
I would love to get rid of DST
Joe W0MQY
<mailto:dekle@...>> wrote:

I'd like to get rid of Daylight savings time   -   and pennies.

Bill
KV6Z

W0MQY

Hi Dick,

I wish I new how.  I suppose you have to go through the state legislature.  It’s probably a political process.  I have noticed they keep trying to get it full time in some states.  I don’t understand why.

Joe W0MQY

Looking forward to seeing you at OzarkCon..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I don't dig DST either Joe.  Let's abolish it.

Dick.  n0tgr

--
What a great improvement,  Yahoo just didn't work for me.  Dick,  n0tgr

Gwen Patton

I was running a register at Borders books a bunch of years ago, and this girl on the next register took me aside to show me a $2 bill. She wanted to know if we should call security.

I asked her why she'd want to do that, and she said, I kid you not, "to catch this counterfeiter, duh!"

She tried to argue with me when I told her that $2 bills were real. She finally called the manager, who told her to quit wasting time, $2 bills were real. Just rare.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019, 11:17 PM Thomas Martin <tem494@...> wrote:
[...]

John Wasciuk

Hi,

Seems Hank's music is still useful!

73,

John

WA8TON

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019, 10:56 Gwen Patton <ardrhi@...> wrote:
[...]

KB9BVN - <kb9bvn@...>

In Indiana we didn't used to observe DST....that extra hour of sunlight would cause the corn to start popping in the fields.

de KB9BVN

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 10:52 AM W0MQY <womquee@...> wrote:

Hi Dick,

I wish I new how.  I suppose you have to go through the state legislature.  It’s probably a political process.  I have noticed they keep trying to get it full time in some states.  I don’t understand why.

Joe W0MQY

Looking forward to seeing you at OzarkCon..

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I don't dig DST either Joe.  Let's abolish it.

Dick.  n0tgr

--
What a great improvement,  Yahoo just didn't work for me.  Dick,  n0tgr

--
73 de KB9BVN
Brian Murrey

Johnny AC0BQ

I’m on board, where do we vote?

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

John Lonigro

I'm starting to be sorry I started all of this.  All I wanted to do was remind people the sprint time has not changed due to DST, as long as you use your normal clock, not UTC.

A little bit of history: Time zones were invented around 1883, in response to the increasing popularity of train travel.  Before then, noon local time in each town was when the sun was the highest in the sky.  You could use your sundial (on a sunny day) and determine pretty accurately when it was noon.  The only problem was, for example, noon in Kansas City didn't occur at the same instant as noon in St. Louis.  When train travel became popular, people wanted to know when the train would arrive so they wouldn't miss it.  The poor conductor had to reset his watch at virtually every stop.  So congress created time zones and the rest of the world soon followed suit.

Final reminder:  The SSS is coming this Sunday.  I won't even attempt to remind you of the time (hi)!

72,

John, AA0VE
4SQRP Contest Coordinator

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com