Topics

A power pack for AAs and NiMh AA batteries

Walter - K5EST

Reading the KX3 reflector yielded a great fix for making a power pack for portable operations and even a possible backup battery for those HTs that use battery modules you cannot charge on an outing.

Kevin - K4KPK has an inexpensive solution and it's main feature is fewer contacts than a regular battery holder that has too many springs and an easy way for power losses.

Take a look at his webpage,  http://k4kpk.com/15v-power-wand-for-kx3

Kevin - K4KPK is a SOTA member and these folks always seem to come up with a great fix for Ham Radio needs.

At Ozarkcon this year we have John Watkins - NØEVH as a guest speaker for SOTA - Summits on the Air. You really would not want to miss his presentation!

See you all at Branson.........it is gonna be fun!

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention

Jim Sheldon

Thanks for posting this Walter.  I don't have a KX3, but I do have a KX2 and this has the potential of becoming a very nice addition to the "Go Kit" along with the 40' fiberglass push-up mast that collapses to just over 3 feet.

Jim - W0EB
See y'all at OzarkCon

Reading the KX3 reflector yielded a great fix for making a power pack for portable operations and even a possible backup battery for those HTs that use battery modules you cannot charge on an outing.

Kevin - K4KPK has an inexpensive solution and it's main feature is fewer contacts than a regular battery holder that has too many springs and an easy way for power losses.

Take a look at his webpage,  http://k4kpk.com/15v-power-wand-for-kx3

Kevin - K4KPK is a SOTA member and these folks always seem to come up with a great fix for Ham Radio needs.

At Ozarkcon this year we have John Watkins - NØEVH as a guest speaker for SOTA - Summits on the Air. You really would not want to miss his presentation!

See you all at Branson.........it is gonna be fun!

Walter Dufrain - K5EST - Coordinator OzarkCon 2019
 An ARRL approved Specialty Operating Convention

_,_._,_

Michael McEwen

What is your 40ft pushup pole...I am looking for something like that.

Doc K5OSA

Walter - K5EST

Don't know about the 40 ft pushup pole, but SOTA has a 32 ft lightweight pushup pole,

also I found a shorter pole (mini) available in the U.S. at DX Engineering. URL is way too long, so Tiny URL is used here:

and here are a bunch of fiberglass poles and etc  ......  you can custom build your own design:

I do not endorse or am not pecuniary attached to the above companies  /  URLs.

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 6:13 AM Michael McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:
What is your 40ft pushup pole...I am looking for something like that.

Doc K5OSA

dekle <dekle@...>

These are heavy, expensive, and need to be guyed, but I can replace my dipole ropes without leaving the ground or shooting a projectile at the neighbor's house. It was worth the peace of mind for me.

https://mgs4u.com/product/mk-6-series-43-3ft-masts/

Bill

KV6Z